Question

This product is legit crap, it never connects to my pc, and sometimes it crashes it too. The card never works and every time I go to customer service they never help AT ALL. Like what the hell I spend $150 on you guys, and you dont even help me you are a failure as a company, and it needs to die like Bethesda. You bring out a half assed thing charge an insane amount of money for it and you only give me something that barely works at all FIX YOUR STUFF

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot

5 hours ago, sapphireglaceon said:

This product is legit crap, it never connects to my pc, and sometimes it crashes it too. The card never works and every time I go to customer service they never help AT ALL. Like what the hell I spend $150 on you guys, and you dont even help me you are a failure as a company, and it needs to die like Bethesda. You bring out a half assed thing charge an insane amount of money for it and you only give me something that barely works at all FIX YOUR STUFF

Now that you finished with your rant some information for you.

You did not spend a single $ on "you guys" since none of "you guys" work for Roxio. This is a users forum where we are all volunteers trying to help users with problems.

The program and hardware works correctly for most users and the problem in 99% of the cases is with the user. Since to your too busy whining instead of telling us about your system, how you are connected, etc, nobody is really able to help you very much.

ive told tech support and it was not help full and i know it is the product due to ive seen people using it and it doesnt work and ogdens i did that as well it does not connect to my pc

Edited by sapphireglaceon
add more

How about giving us some information of what you are doing.... all we know is its "crap"..... step by step of what you are connecting, details. details???

With the device plugged in open Device Manager and expand 'other devices' and 'sound video and game controllers.What do you show?.

With the unit plugged in does the purple light come on."

2019-09-07_1140.png

22 hours ago, ogdens said:

How about giving us some information of what you are doing.... all we know is its "crap"..... step by step of what you are connecting, details. details???

With the device plugged in open Device Manager and expand 'other devices' and 'sound video and game controllers.What do you show?.

Because you had nothing in the Device Manage  that indicates that when you first installed the program it did not work correctly. (for whatever reason).

So lets try a new install.

Download and install the free version for  Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc or use the SP2 download and Install.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Try that and let us know.

Edited by ogdens

1 hour ago, ogdens said:

Because you had nothing in the Device Manage  that indicates that when you first installed the program it did not work correctly. (for whatever reason).

So lets try a new install.

Download and install the free version for  Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc or use the SP2 download and Install.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Try that and let us know.

you never specified when to update so i dont know can you tell me

If it is working ok  leave it alone.

its either the usb or the socket that connects to the usb because some times it does connect to my laptop i dont know which it is and if i keep pluging it in and out it will cause my pc to crash and reboot

12 hours ago, sapphireglaceon said:

its not

Have you tried the GameCAP device on another computer? even if the software is not installed there, Windows will react and install the wrong drivers - have the Device Manager open when you first plug it in there and observe any change. (this will test to see if the device itself has failed) .

1 hour ago, ogdens said:

Have you tried the GameCAP device on another computer? even if the software is not installed there, Windows will react and install the wrong drivers - have the Device Manager open when you first plug it in there and observe any change. (this will test to see if the device itself has failed) .

yes and it doesnt work on anything

9 minutes ago, sapphireglaceon said:

yes and it doesnt work on anything

If nothing shows up anywhere in the Device Manager, other than a bad USB cable, it means the device itself no longer works. Contact Support/Cust. Service.

What is type A? the USB cable the new device or what?

There is something wrong with your system or you are not hooking the device up correctly or you  are not installing the software properly or something in your system is interfering with the device.

Edited by bimicher

The Roxio Capture unit comes with a USB 2.0 cord  Type A  on one end (rectangular)and a Type B on the other end (square)

Type A is used by the following devices:

Almost all computers (desktops, laptops etc.),Most tablets, Games consoles (PlayStation, XBox etc.)Smart TVsDVD and Blu-Ray players, Peripherals (e.g. keyboards, mice)

Flash drives/memory sticks.

So, if your's does not fit the PC your in trbl. What is the make and model # of you Computer?