Sub Menu always plays video

GOOSEMON

Question

Aloha once again. It seems like I keep running into road blocks. Recently I have put together some video using VideoWave. I then fired up MyDVD and imported the VidoeWave file and added as a sub menu. So, when the DVD production starts my video is a sub menu / thumbnail on the main screen. However, at the main menu the vidoe is continously planning even before I select the sub menu. Is this correct. I don't want the video to play until I select it. Am I doing something wrong? :)

3 answers to this question

I did add it on the Main Page as a menu item. I used the preview icon above the display window and I am looking at the motion button thumbnail.

Thanks for the visual. You hit it right on. That little display box is always highlighted purple and plays the movie I put together. However, I heard that it only plays a 20 - 30 second clip of the movie and then restarts. Is there any way to disable that partilcular feature?

Thanks for the quick response.

Good question. It replays after 20-30 seconds because the menu actually recycles after 20 or 30 seconds depending on which menu you select. Yes, you could make it longer but usually people have made their decision on what to watch by that time.

I have only V9 on my computer at this time but the choice may still be the same if you have V8 deluxe. If you don't, I don't think there is any way of turning off the motion thumbnail. Right click on the thumbnail and select setting, you may get this window, just deselect motion thumbnail. If you do this, you may want to use the options to select the thumbnail you want to use or to use a custom one. Options just above the arrow.

Aloha once again. It seems like I keep running into road blocks. Recently I have put together some video using VideoWave. I then fired up MyDVD and imported the VidoeWave file and added as a sub menu. So, when the DVD production starts my video is a sub menu / thumbnail on the main screen. However, at the main menu the vidoe is continously planning even before I select the sub menu. Is this correct. I don't want the video to play until I select it. Am I doing something wrong? :huh:

???????????????????. How did you do this? :D Anything you add should be on the main menu page as a menu item. You can only add submenus to that menu item. :D

Where do you see the movie starting to play in the preview? Did you select from the top menu, file > new > DVD, no menu? Check to make sure that you selected DVD. If you are just judging the project by the preview, did you use the preview icon above the displayed window or did you select to preview the movie?

Are you just looking at the animated menu there that plays? Are you looking at the motion button thumbnail where the movie previews?

I must be dense today because now I'm not sure what you are looking at. :)

I did add it on the Main Page as a menu item. I used the preview icon above the display window and I am looking at the motion button thumbnail.

Thanks for the visual. You hit it right on. That little display box is always highlighted purple and plays the movie I put together. However, I heard that it only plays a 20 - 30 second clip of the movie and then restarts. Is there any way to disable that partilcular feature?

Thanks for the quick response.

Archived