Dfrads

How to burn DVD to autoplay/no menu

Question

I am only making simple slideshow presentations, with no more than 50 photos and 1 or 2 songs.

I can save and download it multiple ways but they all require me to select the folder once its in the DVD player.

I need to it to automatically display the first slide when placed in the DVD player. 

Is there an easy setting I am just missing?

8 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, Dfrads said:

I am only making simple slideshow presentations, with no more than 50 photos and 1 or 2 songs.

I can save and download it multiple ways but they all require me to select the folder once its in the DVD player.

I need to it to automatically display the first slide when placed in the DVD player. 

Since you have not told us exactly what you did, it is hard to make aby suggestions or tell you what you are missing.

Did you simply burn the production to a DVD or did you use the myDVD feature to create a video DVD?

PLease give us some details on what exactly you did!

I have burnt straight from the simple slideshow edit, which automatically saved it as a Windows 9 (won't allow any other options) so tried burning through the roxio burn and through media player. Second I saved and burnt from videowave (using the authoring). Third I placed the videowave file in myDVD but I don't want the words 'root menu' which show up on the screen.

I have looked through old threads but couldn't find anything related to 7. I tried the method through the copy and convert options but it wouldn't allow me to use it (assume that means something is outdated on my laptop)

Hopefully that's more helpful, I am a serious amateur so was hoping it would be a little more user friendly.

7 hours ago, bimicher said:

Since you have not told us exactly what you did, it is hard to make aby suggestions or tell you what you are missing.

Did you simply burn the production to a DVD or did you use the myDVD feature to create a video DVD?

PLease give us some details on what exactly you did!

I have burnt straight from the simple slideshow edit, which automatically saved it as a Windows 9 (won't allow any other options) so tried burning through the roxio burn and through media player. Second I saved and burnt from videowave (using the authoring). Third I placed the videowave file in myDVD but I don't want the words 'root menu' which show up on the screen. I have looked through old threads but couldn't find anything related to 7. I tried the method through the copy and convert options but it wouldn't allow me to use it (assume that means something is outdated on my laptop) Hopefully that's more helpful, I am a serious amateur so was hoping it would be a little more user friendly.

On 9/22/2019 at 9:15 AM, Dfrads said:

I think you're looking to play the slideshow automatically when you insert the DVD and just keep it looping once it ends. I was also looking for that functionality today (using MyDVD of the NXT 7 and sadly I couldn't find that option. It used to be an option - "no menu" option? - in older version of Creator). 

It was an option in earlier versions but when Corel added it to NXT 7 they deleted that option.  We told them but they didn't listen.  If you look at the options in the Corel version, it says it can be done but no one knows how to do it in NXT 7 version.

Try the free version of Cyberlink' Power2Go to create a disc with no menu.  It has a 30 day full trial then it reverts to the basic program which still my be good enough for you.

Create you slide show using Roxio and then convert it to the format you want. Add that to Power2Go

Edited by sknis

3 hours ago, malatekid said:

I think you're looking to play the slideshow automatically when you insert the DVD and just keep it looping once it ends. I was also looking for that functionality today (using MyDVD of the NXT 7 and sadly I couldn't find that option. It used to be an option - "no menu" option? - in older version of Creator). 

Yes this is exactly what I need it to do it!

1 hour ago, sknis said:

It was an option in earlier versions but when Corel added it to NXT 7 they deleted that option.  We told them but they didn't listen.  If you look at the options in the Corel version, it says it can be done but no one knows how to do it in NXT 7 version.

Try the free version of Cyberlink' Power2Go to create a disc with no menu.  It has a 30 day full trial then it reverts to the basic program which still my be good enough for you.

Create you slide show using Roxio and then convert it to the format you want. Add that to Power2Go

Before purchasing I contacted them with a full list of things I needed the software to do and that was one of them. I was told it can be done so very frustrating to find out otherwise.

I'll check it out was really hoping I could find an all in one software that would quick and easy.

What is the make & model of your DVD player? Some players are able to play "stand-alone" mpg files or files in other format. You could create your slideshow and then render it to a format your DVD player can play.  You will of course have no control over the "slideshow" in the traditional next/back method since the slideshow is a video and will play continuous.