• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

VideoWave 8 transitions

mgb80

Question

9 answers to this question

I assume you are using EMC 8 as that's where you posted. What program are you seeing this problem (Videowave, MYDVD ??). Have you tried selecting the transition as a single transition from the entire default transitions available, or have you set all of the transitions based on a "randum" basis ?

Frank....

I am using VideoWave 8, which came with MyDVD Premier 8. I have tried both ways to solve this problem I am having. I have tried using the 'sand' theme transition throughout my production and I have also tried inserting those transitions randomly throughout my production. I wish someone from tech support can see what happens to my slideshow with these transitions! These transitions do not even work when you click the arrow to view the transition on the 'Add Transition' screen.

The first thing I would try (While in Videowave with your slides placed) is to click on the "Add Transition Theme", on the meun on the left side of the screen. That should add transitions between each of the slides for what ever transition them you have picked.

Once that is done, highlight any one of the transitions that were just included and then click on "ADD TRANSITION", again on the left side of your screen. When the next screen come up, highlight one of the many transitions available and then click on "O.K.". Another screen will come up asking if you want to replace the transition you highlighted in the previous step. Click on "O.K." again. You should notice that the previous transition has been changed to the newer one you just chose.

Check out the following attachments for a little more definition of the screen I am talking about.

Frank...

Thanks for trying to help me!

I updated Microsoft's DirectX9c and the transitions are still not working correctly.

I have a series of 5 sport shots that were taken consecutively from my digital camera. I set all the pictures to last 2.0 seconds and would like to transition using the 'Dissolve' transition. From picture 1 to picture 2, the dissolve transition works. From picture 2 to 3, the dissolve transition does not work (it looks as if I have no transition assigned to it). From picture 3 to 4 the transition works and then from picture 4 to 5 it does not work.

I am also having problems viewing any of the 'sand' themes

Thanks for trying to help me!

I updated Microsoft's DirectX9c and the transitions are still not working correctly.

I have a series of 5 sport shots that were taken consecutively from my digital camera. I set all the pictures to last 2.0 seconds and would like to transition using the 'Dissolve' transition. From picture 1 to picture 2, the dissolve transition works. From picture 2 to 3, the dissolve transition does not work (it looks as if I have no transition assigned to it). From picture 3 to 4 the transition works and then from picture 4 to 5 it does not work.

I am also having problems viewing any of the 'sand' themes

With only 2 seconds for each picture it is possible that some of the transitions are not working properly. Perhaps some transitions require a minimum picture time in order for the transition to work. What happens if you extend the display time of the pictures?

The same thing still happens when I increase the duration of each slide to 5 seconds. I just don't understand how it works between some sldes and not others.

Other people have reported similar issues but have been able to fix them. First, replace the transition that didn't work with the same one; now click to apply transitions to all, now clear the proxy files by going to tools then options than clear. You are using Video Wave aren't you?

I have noticed that some of the transitions do not work properly and some not at all. All the 'sand' transitions do not work ('Falling Sand', 'Spiralling Sand1'...). Also the Dissolve does not always work. Is there is fix for this problem.

Please post your computer specs including any information you have on your video card/chip. Many appearance problems are related to old drivers for the card or a card that just won't do some transitions. V8 is different from the earlier versions in the way it does transitions Also update Microsoft's DirectX 9c.

When you are doing any video work, disconnect from the internet and shut down all non-essential programs including anti-virus and anti-malware.

Archived