telboy22

MyDVD menu background sound

Question

I want to mute the audio from the menu. The option to  mute was present in previous versions but seems to have been omitted from Nxt7. I have worked round it by creating a silent music file and using this to replace the audio. Is there a mute facility in MyDVD which I cannot find?

9 answers to this question

In the Advanced mode, there are 4 buttons under the window.  The fourth one is a speaker; simply slide the slider down.

audio.png

Thank you for the reply but there is no speaker button there. I have repaired and reinstalled several times but to no avail. I did submit a query to Corel but the reply I got appertained to Videowave and not MyDVD

mydvdmenu.jpg

What version of myDVD are you running? Look under Help/About and post your version number.

I het the same screen as sknis shows which is different from yours

Where did you get the MyDVD?

Here is my build.

mydvdbuild.png

From Corel. Your version looked familiar, so reinstalled Pro6 on another PC. My Pro7 MyDVD does not have the magic mode / advance mode options but goes straight to menu edit.. ?Another uninstall reinstall ?😖

1 hour ago, telboy22 said:

From Corel. Your version looked familiar, so reinstalled Pro6 on another PC. My Pro7 MyDVD does not have the magic mode / advance mode options but goes straight to menu edit.. ?Another uninstall reinstall ?😖

2 hours ago, sknis said:

Where did you get the MyDVD?

Here is my build.

mydvdbuild.png

Steve, your version is very old. The version that now comes with NXT 7 is up at 3.0.0.8.  It has been dumbed now even more from previous versions and no longer has the Edit Menu features. It is totally useless which also applies to all myDVD programs included with the last few Roxio NXT series .

Thank you  Bimicher ans sknis. I looked at the User Guide and the illustrations match my version. Nomagic/advanced mode, no options to mute audio and all  inall useless. I will unibstall and go back to Pro3 or earlier if I can find the disks!😡

Many thanks for your help

14 minutes ago, telboy22 said:

Thank you  Bimicher ans sknis. I looked at the User Guide and the illustrations match my version. Nomagic/advanced mode, no options to mute audio and all  inall useless. I will unibstall and go back to Pro3 or earlier if I can find the disks!😡

Many thanks for your help

The myDVD version that have the "edit Menu" feature are still not usefull for you since the volume adjustemnt applies to the whole project not just the menu audio.

I have not created a single DVD using this "new" myDVD. Luckily I still have older Roxio Creator programs that have our "old" myDVD which was really great. Nowadays I use Corels VideoSTudio which still has a useful DVD creation program even though they also feature the "new" myDVD.