Dave from Loose

Capture Audio from Sound Card

Question

Having succesfully recorded sound using this part of Creator NXT Pro 7 and choosing Open in the Edit Audio part nothing happens. attempting to close Capture Audio then results in Capture hanging.

I`ve uninstalled and reinstalled without resolving the problem. This issue hasn`t occurred in previous versions of Creator Pro

OS is Windows 10 Pro Soundcard is Asus Xonar Essence STX and the motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z97

7 answers to this question

Are you trying to edit/capture 16 or 24 Bit Samples?

Hi cdanteek

attached is settings in Sound Editor. Importing audio direct in sound editor works fine and plays. Using the test audio device results in sound beng generated but then Sound Editor hangs

There aren`t any such settings in Capture audio

thanks

Screenshot (4).png

What is the source of your 'Clip 1- Audio' and it works fine?

Using the test audio device results in sound beng generated but then Sound Editor hangs

What are you calling the "test audio device"?

The source is a clip recorded in Capture and loaded manually.

The test is in Sound Editor and his accessed via the Select Playback Device button. The speaker works when tested but then Sound Editor hangs. Although if I just play the clip it's fine

Found a workaround

Instead of openenig the project in Capure as usual, I opened opened it in Sound Editor then used the Record Audio button which in turn opens Capture. This worked perfectly well and was just as quick as doing it the other way round

Thanks cdanteek740797214_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.cb1b966e28267301b07642534dfed7fd.png

Do you have more than one device for sound on your computer ?

I ask as I have three --one ifs a dedicated sound card, one is the default one that is part of my MB

and another from another program. So when I want to capture sound from my sound card I have to

make sure my sound devices for sound are set for my dedicated card and set my NXT7 program for capture

sound from my sound card. Your solution is a good work around and works OK as well.

Hi Redwagon

I`ve got the onboard sound which runs my Bose system but Roxio won`t recognide that so I installed the soundcard  solely for roxio and I use a seperate speaker connected to the card as the Bose speakers don`t have a usb connection. Its worked well with earlier versions of Roxio but not this version.

Anyway so long as I can recorn now I`m happy enough. let`s hope this might help someone else

All the best