Basl

NXT 7 Bluray plugin does nothing

I recently installed NXT 7 Pro on Windows10 which included the bluray plugin as an add-on.   After installation the Bluray creation option is still grayed out.  I received no license key for the plugin, and there's no place to to enter they key anyway.  My conclusion is NTX7 simply doesn't really do bluray.  Anyone else have a different experience?  An old post on the forum proposes a solution but its for a much older version.

I haven't had a Blu-ray plugin since NXT 5, then the Blu-ray plugin needed to be activated via a selection in the Help menu.

Edited by cdanteek

Yes, creator nxt recognsies that its a bluray recorder w/a bluray disk in it and it will do data and AVCHD formats but not blu-ray video.  the Mydvd remains grayed out for bluray and doesn't recognise that the disk is bluray, almost no dropdown menus and certainly not like the example given

Edited by Basl

Do you show an entry in 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features' for the Roxio Blu-ray Plugin?

That's what the plugin say on the control panel entry.  It was the bluray plugin that was downloaded with Roxio Creator NXT Pro 7 10 days ago

Could you take a screenshot of that entry  (.jpg or .png) and post it in this post, please?

I'm out of ideas my last BD Plugin was for NXT5 obviously we have noticed installation changes in NXT6 & 7.

The BD Plugin worked in the earlier NXT versions I had.

Roxio support might be your best option.

If you bought the software from Roxio's website you have a 30 day like it or return it policy.

I have the same problem. This was the last comment from help desk. I tried this "restore purchase" but it requested my email but then it didnt recognise my email! I had purchased the plug in earlier in the day and used my email address. Did you fix yours? I'm going back on to the chat support again today!

After restarting your computer if you still cannot find the bluray option click on help menu in the software and select restore purchase or Activate Blu ray option then the Bluray authoring will be enabled in the software.

4 hours ago, Mike Melluish said:

Activate Blu ray option

Is there an "Activate Blu ray option" under the help menu in the software?

Only option in help when you open the creator NXT pro 7 suite is 'restore purchase'  which then requests an email address. Response is 'there are no purchases associated with this email address'

The other 'activate blu-ray' doesnt exist.

And on MyDVD program it doesnt offer any option under help. 

I emailed back to help desk 5hrs ago, no response so I may have to start another chat when I have time and mood to do so.

Having looked at various topics on the discussion group, this plug in problem seems to crop up regularly. Regards Mike