• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Diana_G100

Toast 18 Pro will not burn work

I can't get anything to work!  I cleaned up my system of all old toast ect. files. ,caches, temp, rebooted, reinstalled, clicked ok on the ( authorizing blue-ray burn) still nothing!

I have spent days trying to get this to work. If anyone can tell me how to get help with this problem please let me know I really need my blue-ray software. I have people waiting on me to get this stuff burned.

10screenshot.jpg

• Sad 1

I had the same experience.
To my knowledge Toast 18 won't burn Apple ProRes files.
Covert to H.264 and it will work. VERY ANNOYING!

This is still a problem in Toast 18 Pro. All versions of 422 MOV files have worked in the past. It worked once when I upgraded to Toast Pro 18 and since then has failed to work. There's no reason a compressed codec such as 264 should work while a 422 file shows up on the Toast menu AND functions properly but shows up as only 904kb in the "on disc" menu.

We've done the delete & reinstall "solution" but it is still not functioning.

What's up Roxio? Here's the screenshot of what most of us are seeing. How about a real fix?

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 1.50.37 PM.png

• Like 1

I am having the exact same problem, it is ridiculous that this has not yet been sorted out!!!

I did confirm that the workaround mentioned by Desert earlier in the post DOES work. I know that it certainly is not ideal, but at least it functions. 

Finally did the chat with Roxio today but it's not good news. They seemed to be unaware that there was any issue. The second guy said he would need to speak to "internal" and someone would get back in touch. They did not give a time frame.

Apparently, Pro Res is not supported now. Enclosed is a pic of our conversation on that part.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 4.55.04 PM (2).png

Yes, Roxio gave me the 2-step conversion process as well. I told them that was hokey and asked for my money back. Hope they get this fixed. If they do, I would re-purchase it.

Coding is messed up big time from 17. The player will play Prores 422HQ  but will not show the right file size and burn an image.

I had a similar issue and received this from Corel...

This is a known issue and has already been reported to Engineering.

Toast is unable to properly detect the file size of a ProRes MOV file. Both 4444 and 422 ProRes mov video files (APCO, APCN, APCH) have been tested so far, all give the same issue. When a ProRes mov file is added to either a DVD or Blu-ray video disc project in Toast, the file size indicated at the bottom of the window will show 904 KB. If you proceed to burn the project, it will state "There is nothing to record. Please add some data, then try this again."

On some occasions the same ProRes video file will show a blown out value, such as several hundred GB, which will not fit in any single or dual layer BD-R disc. In this case, the message would be "There's not enough free space on this disc: XXX.XX GB are needed, XX.XX GB are available."

File size, resolution, bitrate, frame rate of the ProRes video does not affect the issue. Adjusting the bitrate values in the Custom Encode window does not affect it either. MPEG-2 and MP4/AVC/H.264 video files are NOT affected by this issue.

Workaround:

The workaround is to convert the ProRes video file to H.264 using Toast 18's Convert feature

So basically, we just wait - very frustrating!

Edited by Skellum

On 3/6/2020 at 8:05 AM, Skellum said:

I had a similar issue and received this from Corel...

This is a known issue and has already been reported to Engineering.

Toast is unable to properly detect the file size of a ProRes MOV file. Both 4444 and 422 ProRes mov video files (APCO, APCN, APCH) have been tested so far, all give the same issue. When a ProRes mov file is added to either a DVD or Blu-ray video disc project in Toast, the file size indicated at the bottom of the window will show 904 KB. If you proceed to burn the project, it will state "There is nothing to record. Please add some data, then try this again."

On some occasions the same ProRes video file will show a blown out value, such as several hundred GB, which will not fit in any single or dual layer BD-R disc. In this case, the message would be "There's not enough free space on this disc: XXX.XX GB are needed, XX.XX GB are available."

File size, resolution, bitrate, frame rate of the ProRes video does not affect the issue. Adjusting the bitrate values in the Custom Encode window does not affect it either. MPEG-2 and MP4/AVC/H.264 video files are NOT affected by this issue.

Workaround:

The workaround is to convert the ProRes video file to H.264 using Toast 18's Convert feature

So basically, we just wait - very frustrating!

But that strips chapter markers. I use Handbrake, it does not strip chapters or other info.

7 hours ago, Killroy said:

Still no fix for Prores Mac native format. Why?

Absolutely, why no progress yet?

• Like 1

H.264 export from FCP is totally unacceptable in quality for Blu-ray, and we lose the chapters. Toast 17 & 18 are completely broken and Roxio does not seem about to fix this defect. Refund time. 

13 minutes ago, onthefly said:

H.264 export from FCP is totally unacceptable in quality for Blu-ray, and we lose the chapters. Toast 17 & 18 are completely broken and Roxio does not seem about to fix this defect. Refund time. 

Try compressor, you can change the h264 setting and it may keep the chapter markers.

18 hours ago, Killroy said:

Still no fix for Prores Mac native format.

I'm guessing it's way past time to give up. I've re-installed an older version just to be able to function.

Probably too late for a refund at this point as well... LOL!

Then they should stop selling it before someone takes the to court. It is not an upgrade from Toast 17.