Burning trouble

Blonde one

Question

Using VHS to DVD 3 to copy old home movies. Have burned several 1 hr just fine, but after downloading  a4 hr tape into computer, I edited and split down to 2  1hr segments. But they won’t burn. Using exact Verbatim DVD R 4.7 it gets to “ trim” then says can’t copy and spits out DVD.  Right now I am burning directly from tape to disc and it’s going fine. I uninstalled a movie maker app put in yesterday. This is my second day since getting Roxio so slow learning curve. 

1 answer to this question

20 hours ago, Blonde one said:

Using VHS to DVD 3 to copy old home movies. Have burned several 1 hr just fine, but after downloading  a4 hr tape into computer, I edited and split down to 2  1hr segments. But they won’t burn. Using exact Verbatim DVD R 4.7 it gets to “ trim” then says can’t copy and spits out DVD.  Right now I am burning directly from tape to disc and it’s going fine. I uninstalled a movie maker app put in yesterday. This is my second day since getting Roxio so slow learning curve. 

A 4.7GB DVD can only hold about 60 minutes of best quality video. You can get just under 2 hours on a DVD but the video quality will be greatly reduced and almost unwatchable especially if fro low quality VHS video