• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Software

acolotti

Question

Hi All,

I have been trying to work out jpeg bug in this software for days. I have to tell you all, if any of you do alot of DVD creating, the best one out there for beginner or intermediate if Pinnacle Studio Plus. I have had this program for over a year with 2 updates. If does just about anything. You do need your computer to be able to handle lots of memory. This program is not flawless, it does have it's crashes occasionally,but it makes a dynamite DVD in widescreen and surround sound as well. I am sure glad that I this program to fall back on, since I am less than impressed with this one. For beginners, MySonic DVD is wonderful. I use this program to whip out a quick mpeg with transitions and music, to then bring into Pinnacle for the final DVD creation. Hope you all find this helpful in your future pursuit to DVD productions. This program has way too many bugs for anyone to waste their time with.

Thanks

Annie

4 answers to this question

Hi All,

I have been trying to work out jpeg bug in this software for days. I have to tell you all, if any of you do alot of DVD creating, the best one out there for beginner or intermediate if Pinnacle Studio Plus. I have had this program for over a year with 2 updates. If does just about anything. You do need your computer to be able to handle lots of memory. This program is not flawless, it does have it's crashes occasionally,but it makes a dynamite DVD in widescreen and surround sound as well. I am sure glad that I this program to fall back on, since I am less than impressed with this one. For beginners, MySonic DVD is wonderful. I use this program to whip out a quick mpeg with transitions and music, to then bring into Pinnacle for the final DVD creation. Hope you all find this helpful in your future pursuit to DVD productions. This program has way too many bugs for anyone to waste their time with.

Thanks

Annie

That is your opinion. I don't agree with it. That is my opinion. :)

Greetings,

I don't think that it is fair to totally 'dis Roxio EMC. Every different editing program has its strengths and weakness. Pinnacle, sony, ect, all have things that may work for you and other things that may cause conflicts. I have had my share of problems with Roxio. But to have this forum board to ask for help has saved me a lot of time in trying to figure out the problem myself. And we all know how labor intensive and time consuming editing can be! So, give Roxio a chance. Its not a bad program.

Michael

Funny, I had the opposite experience. I went out and bought VWave last year because I was so frustrated with Pinnacle Studio Plus. The audio/video were always out of sync (I'm capturing from VHS-C using an AverMedia device and the AverMedia software). VWave has never had this problem, using the same captured files. Also, I couldn't get a player-readable DVD out of Pinnacle because it kept crashing.

I guess Your Mileage May Vary really applies with these tools.

Funny, I had the opposite experience. I went out and bought VWave last year because I was so frustrated with Pinnacle Studio Plus. The audio/video were always out of sync (I'm capturing from VHS-C using an AverMedia device and the AverMedia software). VWave has never had this problem, using the same captured files. Also, I couldn't get a player-readable DVD out of Pinnacle because it kept crashing.

I guess Your Mileage May Vary really applies with these tools.

You hit the nail on the head Paul!!!

Some folks have trouble so they throw software at the problem. Often installing other software may be what is needed to fix the problem but they construe this to mean 'this works, that don't'.

Of course it is rarely that simple...

Archived