njdan

easy cd and burning 2 has install error

Question

I am trying to install the easy cd and burning 2 on windows 10. I've tried the full and custom install. All end with the error 0643 and the installation fails.  The previous answers that I've found only go to Vista and reference files that are not part of Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated. 

3 answers to this question

Hello Dan,

Have you approached Roxio Tech Support with your problem?  I don't think error 0643 has been mentioned on the board here for years, when it involved some sort of tangle with .Net framework.   Support should have the information to fix your problem, if they refer it to a higher level.

In the meantime, while you're waiting for a response from them, a search through the install logs might throw a little light on what's happening.  I'm willing to try if you'll send me the log.  

In Easy CD & DVD Burning 2 you should find a set of install logs in C:\ProgramData\Roxio Log Files\Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning 2\   There should be a series of folders there, named for the date and time of each install event.   Please copy the most recent one,  ZIP it up, and send it to me by email.   (I'm sending my email address to you by private message).    Please retain a copy of the ZIP file, since Tech Support will likely want a copy of it if they're on the ball.

Regards, Brendon

I got the log file, and it shows when the installer started to install DIRECTX_FEB10DxLauncher.msi failed with a 1603 error and everything rolled back.

Suggestions, anyone?

All fixed. :)

Thanks for all your help. It seems that failing to install DirectX was the problem.  I contacted Roxio support too. They had me clear out all the temp folders, stop the firewall and antivirus and sent me different link to install from.  Lo and behold, it worked.   I hope my next Roxio install is easier.

Dan