• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

New Windows 10 laptop. Installed Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus (Build 301B72A) -- no sweat. Ran it with a DVD-R disk -- seemed to run fine. Took a while to close the disk, but eventually reported Complete. However, DVD won't play on Sony DVD/Blu-Ray player on which DVD-R are identified as playable. Player shows "Cannot operate this disk" on loading, and then a "?" symbol. Won't play on the computer -- Roxio Cineplayer (Roxio 2011) launches, but then disappears when I tell it to play the DVD it discovered (separate Windows 10 compatibility issue?). Thoughts?

10 answers to this question

How long in run time is the video your putting to the DVD-R?

Your DVD-R is a single layer or dual/double layer disc?

Supplemental: Just checked and found there is an SP3 update. Now build 302B01B. Downloaded, installed, burned new DVD. "Your project completed successfully." Still won't play on DVD player.

You haven't answered Cdanteek's question, have you.

To make a suggestion, since you seem to have access to a machine running Creator 2011, why not do this?

-Run C2011 with your DVD in the drive.  Go to the top left of the main Creator menu, where there are buttons for File, Tools, and Help.  Click on Tools and run Get Disc Information.  Then paste a screenshot of the results of Get Disc Info into a reply here.   It should look similar to this (This one is from my Creator 2012 - I wouldn't be without it)  and will give us much information.

gdi.jpg.92f5b44c34f3b09b856c82f1d9a04796.jpg

Regards, Brendon

Your disc looks to be authored properly.

What brand name of DVD-R are you using?

Have you burned a successful disc using the same brand of disc in the same DVD drive?

Your hp DVDRAM GUBON is a drive I've never heard of and wondering if there might be a firmware update for it?

Open device manager and expand the DVD\CD-ROM drives take a screenshot and post it please, example below.

dv.jpg.08df6f68d649d63c06b6dc5b1227bdd0.jpg

I can't remember what brand they are, but I don''t buy Brand X, so think they were a name brand. They've just got a plain white top surface. The drive is a replacement from Toshiba for the original one which had a mechanical issue. I was surprised at the brand too. Checked online for driver updates -- I supposedly have the best.

image.thumb.png.b876dc0dcdbccd72845fae147b9cb5ce.png

image.png

Have you burned a successful disc using the same brand of disc in the same DVD drive?

Yes -- I used the same source material from Easy VHS-to-DVD 3 and another disk from the stack and successfully burned a Data DVD which I can view on both my computer and the DVD player.

Yes -- I used the same source material from Easy VHS-to-DVD 3 and another disk from the stack and successfully burned a Data DVD which I can view on both my computer and the DVD player.

Don't you mean a DVD-Video Disc if you can play it on your DVD Player?

If that is the case the one disc that doesn't play was a bad burn or a bad disc, why I asked the brand name.

So we are done here?

t.jpg.ba83e9501c35963e1aa2743e3a73fb99.jpg

No -- the disk has an .mpg file on it, and my DVD player (Sony BDP-S590) can play .mpg files, like a .jpg slide show. But, yes, why don't we stop here, since my other problem, of Cineplayer just displaying a splash screen and then disappearing, even after trying various compatibility settings, has led me to give up  on 2011 and move on. Thanks for your time and efforts.