Pete9269

Audio setup with Nintendo Switch

Question

Hey guys,

New here and can’t find a solution or answer for what I am trying to do.

I am recording fine using the switch, but I ideally want to use a headset whilst still recording game audio and allowing me to use voice chat. I know the switch will only allow one signal not both.

Is there a way I can use the headphone out on the switch to my game cap pro while still allowing the game cap pro to use hdmi for the video?

For example could I get a Y splitter and use one for headphones and run one to game cap pro audio in with relevant RCA adaptor, then hdmi out to tv?
Or will the game cap only allow the one source I.e hdmi in, no audio in or audio in, no hdmi.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hennry,

Pete9269 hasn't logged on here since April last year.   I don't think you'll hear from him.

Nobody else has answered, so it seems nobody else has tried what he suggested.  Perhaps you could get a Y splitter and try it yourself?     Please let us know here if it works.

Brendon

I upgraded to an elgato HD60s (with a chatlink) but I run the audio through my pc and discord for chat instead. Unfortunately I never tested to much with the roxio, I just upgraded and got rid.

Well, smack me with a kipper!  You reappeared  :)

Thanks Pete.

35 minutes ago, Brendon said:

Well, smack me with a kipper!  You reappeared  :)

Thanks Pete.

I got an email about it 🤣 otherwise I wouldn’t of