Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • 0
JCN9801

How can I change defaults on MediaCapture15 start-up

Question

Is there a registry setting to force MediaCapture15 to start-up in "Roxio Video Capture USB" and "DVD HQ" mode?

Thanks In advance...

JCN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Why?

Doesn't your 'C:\Program Files\roxio creator nxt 7\media import\mediacapture15.exe' start-up when it is needed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It's not that.

I just want to save some typing because these settings are all that I use it for.

On one laptop, I have to restart MC15 each time or it doesn't work.

It must somehow know to start-up (now) with the Cyberlink Webcam and then picking USB capture, in DVD AVI mode.

Thanks,

---JCN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, JCN9801 said:

It's not that.

I just want to save some typing because these settings are all that I use it for.

On one laptop, I have to restart MC15 each time or it doesn't work. 

It must somehow know to start-up (now) with the Cyberlink Webcam and then picking USB capture, in DVD AVI mode.

Thanks,

---JCN 

JNC, you need to explain what you are doing or trying to do because I'm at a loss as to what you want to do or what you are doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

When I start MediaCapture15, I get Screen Shot #1

I have to select Video which sets Cyberlink Webcam Splitter (Screen Shot #2) as the default.  It assumes that is what I want to do.

I then select Roxio Video Capture USB from the pull down menu, which then sets DV (avi) as the default resolution (Screen Shot #3).

I never use that, only HQ (Mpeg 2 - 720-x480 8Mbps).

I want to skip all of this and have it come up as in Screen Shot #4.

I looked in the Windows registry (me: not an expert) and I could not find anything obvious that had to do with setting any alternate defaults.

Thanks again, sorry I was not making things more clear.

---JCN

MC15 start-up #1.jpg

MC15 start-up #2.jpg

MC15 start-up #3.jpg

MC15 start-up #4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
 
 
 
 
2
7 hours ago, JCN9801 said:

I have to select Video which sets Cyberlink Webcam Splitter (Screen Shot #2) as the default.  It assumes that is what I want to do.

I then select Roxio Video Capture USB from the pull down menu, which then sets DV (avi) as the default resolution (Screen Shot #3).

Why choose the Cyberlink Webcam Splitter then Roxio Video Capture USB when both are on the same drop-down menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, JCN9801 said:

When I start MediaCapture15, I get Screen Shot #1

I have to select Video which sets Cyberlink Webcam Splitter (Screen Shot #2) as the default.  It assumes that is what I want to do.

I then select Roxio Video Capture USB from the pull down menu, which then sets DV (avi) as the default resolution (Screen Shot #3).

I never use that, only HQ (Mpeg 2 - 720-x480 8Mbps).

I want to skip all of this and have it come up as in Screen Shot #4.

I looked in the Windows registry (me: not an expert) and I could not find anything obvious that had to do with setting any alternate defaults.

Thanks again, sorry I was not making things more clear.

---JCN

 

 

 

 

Getting a bit lazy if 3 or 4 mouse clicks is too much for you 😃😃.

As far as I know there are no settings that will give you the defaults you want. THe Cyberlink of course appears first because the drop down list displays the imaging devices alphabetically. The same for the video output format. You can drop the Cyberlink WebCam from the list by disabling it via the Device Manager/Imaging Devices. It will save you one big mouse click😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×