bsk

DVD won’t burn

Question

I’m using Windows 10. Roxio Creator 2011, LG Ultra Slim Portable DVD Writer. I’ve got it built and now have it in MyDVD. 
When I try to burn I get an error code 8004520c. It won’t save to an iso file because it won’t go to burn. I just used this in February and it worked perfectly. Help!

7 answers to this question

Do you have a hard drive or a SSD drive in the PC?

It is recommended that you do not defrag a SSD drive!

7 minutes ago, bsk said:

I’ve got it built and now have it in MyDVD. 

What does the above quote mean?

Roxio/Corel knowledge base for that error, https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216432097-8004520c-or-80040207-Error-while-Encoding-Movie

I did defrag like you suggested. Then rebooted. Unplugged my DVD burner then back in. It finally worked. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, cdanteek said:

You're welcome.  :)

Had a second question...is there a DVD that will record longer than 120 minutes?  I know about the DVD+R DL but my player wont play that type.  It just says bad disk.

A single layer DVD will only hold one hour in (HQ) high quality and two hours in (HQ) on double or dual layer DVD.

They do make a DVD-R DL.

If you bought an ElCheapo DVD+R DL,  you may have one or more bad discs in the pack.  Check you burner's manual to see what it will play.

Thats definately a possibility.  Thanks.  I'll check them out.  I got them at best buy and they were the only ones they had.  Thanks for the quick response.