Hawk461903

"stuttering" / "choppy" video on Toast-burned DVD

Question

Good afternoon.

RE: Toast Titanium 16 Pro 16.1 running on iMac Retina 4K, 21.5 inch, 2017 with MacOS 10.12

After downloading a MP4 video from YouTube with VidPAw, the video (both video and audio) play normally from the desktop.

After burning to a DVD using Toast, the video is "choppy" / "stuttering" while the audio remains fine.

I have tried to investigate all the available settings in Toast, but without success.

Has anybody run into this issue?  If so, can you suggest a work around?

I'm wondering if it is aissue that is more generic, rather than associated with my specific Toast version.

Roxio no longer supports my version..........and can offer only very generic solutions (like reinstall software).

Thanks for your time!

4 answers to this question

Verify if the frame rates match for the source file and the output file.
If needed, convert first to the output frame rate, before handing the file to Toast. That would be 29.97 fps for NTSC countries and 25 fps for PAL countries.

17 hours ago, theoldarchiver said:

Verify if the frame rates match for the source file and the output file.
If needed, convert first to the output frame rate, before handing the file to Toast. That would be 29.97 fps for NTSC countries and 25 fps for PAL countries.

Thanks for the idea!

I'll try that.

I have had this problem in copying an old VHS NTSC tape. Likely the same problem?

Regards from Vermont, which is tightly in hiberation.........

I'm having a similar problem, I have a lot of mp4 files, from SD cards on a USB, they have some parts of playback very choppy and like they freeze but they keep playing from the computer from the USB, from the mp4 file, but once on DVD the choppy bits freeze and won't go past that part on the DVD. ??? 

Some disks burn't fine it was only the ones, that had some choppy, pixely, playback on the mp4 file. Client returned about 10 DVD's and at this stage I not redoing them Im just supplying on USB's and told her to put them on a larger HD.

All the files are 25 fps for PAL I'm in Australia

Edited by Michelle mac