• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

dman7766

NXT 6 vs. NXT 2 - which is better?? Need help ASAP

Question

Believe it or not, my PC is still running on Windows 7 SP1. Tomorrow it will be upgraded to Windows 10 (and a solid state hard drive as well) by a local computer repair person. I currently have Roxio Creator NXT 2 on my PC, but I bought Roxio Creator NXT 6 on CD-ROM when it first came out. I just haven't installed it yet. I didn't install it because I remember reading a lot of negative comments about NXT 6. Especially when it came to Videowave, which I use a lot to combine videos files. I think I recall that videowave was stripped of some key functions, it crashed a lot, etc. I don't recall any issues being reported about creating music disc projects, editing audio and other things I tend to use Roxio a lot for. But I was a bit hesitant to upgrade to NXT 6 due to the comments.

NXT 2 still is compatible with Windows 10. However, I thought I read in a couple of places on the forum that Roxio NXT 2 tends to crash a lot if you use it on a Windows 10 PC.

Anyway, I wanted to get your opinion if I should upgrade to NXT 6 tomorrow or just stick with NXT 2?? I'd like to have the computer technician install NXT 6 if the consensus here is that NXT 6 is a better program. Please answer soon as I only have 24 hours. Thanks so much for your help.

P.S. = The new solid state hard drive will be 1TB.....if that matters.

Edited by dman7766

5 answers to this question

NXT 2 is better IMO but haven't run it on W-10.

If NXT 2 doesn't work out uninstall it and install NXT 6.

I have been checking around the forum and I have seen at least 7 posts now which say NXT 2 is not compatible with Windows 10. What are the issues with NXT 6?

38 minutes ago, dman7766 said:

What are the issues with NXT 6?

A new MYDVD with reduced functionality you won't like!

I checked out the specs for NXT 2 at New Egg, B&H and other places, and they all say that NXT 2 only goes up to Windows 8. But as you folks say, if it works, it works, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's not that hard to do an uninstall of NXT 2 and an install of NXT 6. The concerns you bring up cdanteek concern me because part of what I use Creator for is to create DVD's from DVD+R's that I failed to finalize before my like DVD recorder broke. I have to go through the whole Isobuster/Ifoedit thing.