• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Does MyDVD as part of Creator NXT7 support .wmv files

EdinCO

Question

I am trying to burn a project from Roxio MyDVD, build 3.0.0.8 which is part of the Creator NXT7 package. I used Windows Movie Make Live rather than Videowave because I was more familiar with it and I have a time crunch right now.  However, when I add the .wmv file to the project, then attempt to burn it to DVD, I get this error message:

"BurnerState_EncodingTitle failure.

Reason: Unrecoverable device error occurred. Code 3254845629"

image.thumb.png.d5ae4862097935f5976ecbf31a8cc86e.png

Please pardon my ignorance here but I seem to recall from more than a year ago that while the documentation says I should be able to input a .wmv file format, I learned from someone online that I may need to convert the input file for MyDVD into some other format, as it would not accept the .wmv format. Is this true? If so, can anyone tell me if the Video Copy and Convert will convert from the .wmv format to a format compatible with the DVD?

Thanks. Customer Support from Roxio/Corel was so poor last year it took me 4 weeks, and having to email with a support person in India to get an answer which did not help me.

7 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply.

It does this with multiple .wmv files, not just one, and it happens when the files are 6 mins and 29 mins.

WRT to your comment on Video Copy and Convert, I tried to convert two different .wmv files to what VC&C called DVD format. The process starts, then hangs. I thought maybe I just need to let it run, but a 29 min video (as measured by VC&C) ran all night and did not progress from the screen you see below.

image.png.78b4f26b4d2669565269acb34dacbaa3.png

In addition, the Windows task manager showed even after all this time of running, that the process was still burning CPU cycles - doing what?

image.png.bd9f8c58777fc689488b3b6b136bea57.png

5 hours ago, EdinCO said:

In addition, the Windows task manager showed even after all this time of running, that the process was still burning CPU cycles - doing what?

How many 'Processes' were running when you took the screenshot?

I would reboot your PC, when it's up and running shut down antivirus and firewall software. Now open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features' double click the Roxio entry and choose repair. When done reboot and try a short video in Copy & Convert choose DVD or Video output with these settings.

v.jpg.887fbcf85580f2325c3af2b3f3963820.jpg

Thanks for your help on this. I did as you suggested - repair, then retry the Video Copy & Convert. Tried the default DVD settings and the same behavior as what I reported last. Changed the covert to Video using your suggested settings and it completed conversion. Took the converted video into MyDVD and burned a DVD+R then played it in a standard DVD player and seems to have converted it just fine. Video is smooth. When I wrote DVD using MyDVD last June, video was very jerky like encoding was messed up. 

i did. notice an odd thing though. I am still hoping to use Videowave and drop using Windows Movie Maker.  In Videowave, I get to a point in  a Production where a Scene I added to a Panel has distorted audio. Other scenes from the same Media source are fine, but this one Scene has distorted audio. When I play the source video in the Media Selector, it sounds fine. Same using Windows Media Player as well a windows TV & Movies app. But when I extract a Scene and then add it to a Panel, it becomes distorted. Any insight as to why this might be? I posted to another Forum topic for audio as I saw another user have the same issue in 2019.

thanks so much for your response, experience and ideas! I really appreciate it. I contacted customer service today via chat and a level 1 tech just opened a ticket which referenced my old ticket on this .wmv file issue, and I am sure it will take days for a response. 

again, many thanks!

Ed