• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Markbett

Install issues

Question

Just bought the easy VHS to DVD for Mac 4/14/2020.  Did the install.  when I launched the software, I get a warning box asking me to "Please connect your Rixio Video Capture Hardware to any USB port".  Of course it is.  I reinstalled the software, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted to clear the RAM, downloaded the latest off their web site, reinstalled, rebooted.  Nothing.  NOTHING!!!  the only thing I get is "Please connect your Rixio Video Capture Hardware to any USB port"

Mac OS 10.15.4

Mem= 32GB

Processor = 3.2 Ghz Quad-core Intel Core i5.

I'm ready to return it with sawdust in the box.

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Markbett said:

I get a warning box asking me to "Please connect your Rixio Video Capture Hardware to any USB port".  Of course it is.

Sounds to me like the USB Port you have it plugged into is disabled and the OS is telling you that.

Hey, thanks for getting back with me.  I checked all the ports with a loaded thumb drive (4GB with 2.1 GB on it) and with my old iPOD.  All 4 ports see both of these devices, reset the PRAM, still nothing.  And I just installed in on my daughters MacBook Pro and get the same warning.  Do you know if Roxio updated their software to work with OS 10.15.4?

My next guess would be the Roxio drivers are not installed correctly for the USB Capture Device

FWIW, I was having a similar issue with Elgato's Video Capture software.  But, in my case, I was getting a message to plug into USB 2.0 port on my 2017 iMac 5K that has USB 3 ports.  It used to work prior to Catalina (10.15) and since, it doesn't work with Mojave (10.14.x), Catalina (10.15.x), and Windows 10 (via Boot Camp/Parallels).

The reason, I'm sharing this is I've tried to contact Roxio to see if their VHS to DVD works with Catalina, as I don't think Elgato's RCA to USB adapter is the issue, and maybe a change in software will bring back the functionally...?

So, far, no specific answer from Roxio.

Edited by R8ders2K

Markbett,

I'm running OS 10.14.6 and I have the same issue you have. I did the same routine you did and still no connection. I would say our OS's are not compatible with this version of Roxio VHS to DVD.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, R8ders2K said:

having a similar issue with Elgato's Video Capture software.

8 hours ago, MacBaz said:

I'm running OS 10.14.6 and I have the same issue you have.

How could that be R8ders2K isn't even running Roxio software!

I'm running two Macs. The older Mac mini OS can't be upgraded past 10.10.5, and the Roxio "Easy" VHS to DVD works as it should.  My MacBook with 10.15.4, no joy.  I can find zero information suggested updated drivers are available.

This must be the jump in post instead of starting your own post.

Is there an updater within the software?

Try it if you find one.