Photo Suite has stopped working

PapaDon

Question

I just purchased Creator NXT 7 Pro today.  I'm a long time user of Roxio Creator 2011 Pro which stopped working after I upgraded to Windows 10.  I went through the download and install process this afternoon for NXT 7 Pro.  After the obligatory restart, I went to use the program  I went to the photos section and clicked on "Edit Photos".  I promptly got the message that "Photo Suite has stopped working".  If I try to click on other programs within the photo section, nothing happens - no message and no program.  As I said, I am running under Windows 10 and thought Creator NXT 7 Pro was supposed to be compatible.  I am a heavy user of the photo editing program and need to get this working.  I don't know what to do at this point.  I have tried shutting down the PC and restarting which didn't work.  Help!

13 answers to this question

Please run and post the results of  the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your compute(It is a Windows thing).   How did or did you uninstall 2011?  

Go to your NXt 7 disc or download and click on repair.  Do not use reinstall because you have only a limited number of installs before you have to contact Corel/Roxio to reset the number of allowed installs.  Try this first.   If this doesn't work, 

Something broke when you upgraded to W10.   If you haven't already made several installations of NXT 7,  you can use the free  REVO Uninstaller in the moderate mode only. to uninstall the 2011 and the NXT 7.  You can then install what you want.

I ran the repair function and nothing has changed.  I still get the message "Photo Suite has stopped working" when I try to edit photos.

The results of the dxdiag.exe are as follows:

Operating System:      Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362)

System manufacturer:    Hewlett-Packard

System Model:    HPE-590t

BIOS:    BIOS Data: 09/16/10   17:31:04   Ver 6.10

Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM)  i7CPU   x990@3.47GHz (12 CPUS), ~3.5GHz

Memory:   12288 MB RAM

Page File:   4028 MB used, 9018 MB available

DirectX Version:   Directx12

Creator 2011 Pro was uninstalled automatically during the download process for the NXT 7 Pro installation.

One thing was interesting in that during the download installation process, it asked me for the license keys for Creator NXT Pro 7 and Aftershot 3.  It did not ask me for the key for Paintshop Pro 2018  even though that was included in the paperwork when I purchased the product yesterday.

I have not tried to uninstall and re-install NXT 7 Pro.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  Before I retired, I was in the finance area of business and am not well versed in the technical side of computers.  I've attached an image of the results from the dxdiag.exe.  I will now try the REVO unistaller and re-install.

dxdiag 4-25-2020.jpg

I give up !  Anyone else want to step in here?

Did you even bother to follow the detailed images that cd posted?

Re: REVO   - Don't try it because you will forget to set it to Moderate Mode.  Did you go to the REVO Unstaller web site? 

Did you know that the blue text are links?

Dear sknis - I'm sorry.  I'm 86 years old and not technically savvy.  Let me try this again and post the DxDiag.txt file.  I did follow the instructions that cd posted.

I have been to the REVO site and have downloaded the free version.  I'm reading the instructions to make sure I set it to Moderate Mode.

DxDiag.txt

I'm  almost 78 so I also didn't grow up around computers but was able to read and act on one step at a time.   I took a quick look at the dxdiag.  It gives the errors that you have experienced on your computer listed near the end.  You have several including several graphics programs -  including MS Paint,  AfterShot, Content Merger (Roxio),   There may be some problem with your display such as old drivers,  with WINDOWS  or other not as visible.

Perhaps it is time to work with someone closer to you.  I'm also going to forward this topic to someone that is better to help you.