• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

TheRoxie

Anybody know what year it is?

Question

So, this is a statement apparently and about VHS to DVD 4, not 3 (so apparently like the software, Roxio/Corel is behind the times!!) I purchased 4 to get some old VHS tapes over to digital. I had bought another product (different vendor) and the software was TERRIBLE. I thought, ok Roxio has been my goto for years; I'm going to dish out the few extra bucks and get a good product. Today, I call support because I want to change the default location (permanently) for the location of the videos. Either in Files, Preference, or in the Export tab. After searching the registry, etc I contacted support. There response; no can do! What is there is permanent (user profile subfolders). You have to change it for each project. This is 2020, right??? Who doesn't allow to make a permanent change to a file location? I was able to install on my D drive... Why even have the restore to default option???!!! Very frustrating, guess I'm returning another product and just call it a day... 😔

6 answers to this question

Where did you buy the program?  Roxio/Corel does not have Version 4 but I found a similar named software from "VidBox on ebay.

Anybody know what year it is?

2020, I wouldn't go back to the future to it, it hasn't been a good year!  ;)

23 hours ago, sknis said:

Where did you buy the program?  Roxio/Corel does not have Version 4 but I found a similar named software from "VidBox on ebay.

Sknis, I bought it through Roxio.com (Digital River). I could be wrong on the version... Going by the build number in Support/About (401B94A ENU) and when I did a check for updates prior to contacting support (image.png.cd13c08717d630b3046ebb2d3ba3c5fd.png). End result, the application still doesn't support what (in my mind) is a pretty basic functionality of any post 2010 software. I'm just really disappointed in functionality.

13 minutes ago, TheRoxie said:

Sknis, I bought it through Roxio.com (Digital River). I could be wrong on the version... Going by the build number in Support/About (401B94A ENU) and when I did a check for updates prior to contacting support (image.png.cd13c08717d630b3046ebb2d3ba3c5fd.png). End result, the application still doesn't support what (in my mind) is a pretty basic functionality of any post 2010 software. I'm just really disappointed in functionality.

Can you post the link to where you bought it? I cannot finde any "Version 4" on any Roxio site

I went back to my receipt and it does say VHS to DVD 3 Plus. I apologize, I was going off what I had easy access to. (Weird the build, Help show 4. The updater must be a different version). So Roxio, I apologize for the comment about being behind the times.

2 hours ago, TheRoxie said:

So Roxio, I apologize for the comment about being behind the times.

That's okay - We need to reinstall year 2020 anyway.   This copy has got a virus!!