• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

malonebash

Win 10 updates and Roxio installations

I have had my computed wrecked by win10 updates since Nov. 2019.  each time I have had to reinstall Creator NXT from CD I purchased,. even though  I have backed up my files on MyBook 3 tb external drive. I was not aware that there was a limitation to re installation. on purchased CD.  I was asissted by agent from Corel in most recent win 10 update disastor.  There have been atl least 6 updates since January 2020. If I were to upgrade to newest ideation  of Creator will I be penalized because win 10 keeps destroying my files and i have to reinstall.

I have not had to reinstall any Roxio products because of a recent Windows update!  Destroying files?  None.

When this happens did you try to REPAIR the Roxio installation?

Tell us more about what happens.  It would be a big help to post your dxdiag.exe text file )the file, not the individual lines of text)so we can perhaps see what is going on.

Oh, by the way, what antivirus are you using and do you turn it off during the Windows update.

I am semi literate in computing so i will try to answer what can.  After each update window has deleted or removed files or programs.  My external WD MyBook had  backups deleted from December '2019 to April 2020.  I have conceirge service from Dell that enabled  me to get help restoring some programs.  roxio was one that I had to give my  codes for after each re install.  Mcafee multi access security suite was also disable and had to be reinstalled each time. It was not turned off during updates. 

What exactly did you need from Dxdiag file there are a lot of diaglogue boxes with results  all showing no problems found.

Thanks for your response.

17 hours ago, malonebash said:

I am semi literate in computing so i will try to answer what can.  After each update window has deleted or removed files or programs.  My external WD MyBook had  backups deleted from December '2019 to April 2020.  I have conceirge service from Dell that enabled  me to get help restoring some programs.  roxio was one that I had to give my  codes for after each re install.  Mcafee multi access security suite was also disable and had to be reinstalled each time. It was not turned off during updates. 

What exactly did you need from Dxdiag file there are a lot of diaglogue boxes with results  all showing no problems found.

Thanks for your response.

DXdiag.exe allows you to create a txt (text) file when it is run.  Just attach the txt file in your reply.  Remember this is a users group so maybe what I want to see is not what others want to see. 

Have you contacted Microsoft about the file being deleted?   I'm sure they would like to know and may already have a solution.