• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

Hi all

Just put together an hour long video and burnt to DVD. When I play it back in my Samsung Blu-ray/DVD player the aspect keeps changing from 4.3 to 16.9. depending on the scenes. How do I stop this happening? Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

The fairly obvious first question is, are your scenes a mix of 4:3 and 16:9?  If so, I'm assuming that your 4:3 scenes show up with black bars on the sides?  Again, if your scenes are a mix of aspect ratios, how would you expect the 4:3 scenes to display?

Next, question, what are you capturing from?  VHS?  Different devices?  We need more details about your source material.

Thanks!

Dave D-W

7 hours ago, d_deweywright said:

The fairly obvious first question is, are your scenes a mix of 4:3 and 16:9?  If so, I'm assuming that your 4:3 scenes show up with black bars on the sides?  Again, if your scenes are a mix of aspect ratios, how would you expect the 4:3 scenes to display?

Next, question, what are you capturing from?  VHS?  Different devices?  We need more details about your source material.

Thanks!

Dave D-W

Hi Dave, thanks for responding. All of the scenes were taken on the same day at a wedding on the same JVC camcorder which has a hard drive. I'm by no means an expert so the camera was set to auto all through. This was then captured via Roxio on my laptop, video edited, sent to my DVD, burnt onto a disc and played. On playback the scenes definately are a mix of 16.9 and 4.3 but I dont understand why. 

7 hours ago, Knightrider1 said:

Hi Dave, thanks for responding. All of the scenes were taken on the same day at a wedding on the same JVC camcorder which has a hard drive. I'm by no means an expert so the camera was set to auto all through. This was then captured via Roxio on my laptop, video edited, sent to my DVD, burnt onto a disc and played. On playback the scenes definately are a mix of 16.9 and 4.3 but I dont understand why. 

How did you get the video from the camcorder to your hard driv? You say you "captured via Roxio". What does that mean exactly?

Since your video is recorded on the camcorder hard drive, you do not need to "capture via Roxio". You simply use Windows Explorer and copy the video from the camcorder to your storage hard drive.

Knightrider, I'd like to know too how you got the video from your camcorder to your hard drive.  Being that all the clips are from the same device, it's hard to figure why it would make some letterbox, and others widescreen.

And for your project, did you select widescreen (16:9) or letterbox (4:3) when you started the project?

Thanks,

Dave D-W