randb1

Toast 18 crashing on Catalina 10.15.6

Usually about 5 seconds after opening Toast 18 Platinum on OS X Catalina 10.15.6 it crashes. I have done a complete uninstall and clean re-install with only the dvd player connected. What's next?

Non operational for me also.  It crashed on first start.  Now, will start but no windows, no input and won't even show up doing cmd-tab to cycle through application.  The doc icon is there and activity monitor shows it's running.  Gone off to zombie land it seems.

The good news is the New Toast 19 I've just had an email about today is fully Catalina compatible. 

Optimized for Catalina

Toast is fully compatible with macOS Catalina. Toast 19 supports macOS Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, High Sierra 10.13, Sierra 10.12, El Capitan 10.11. (No mention of Big Sur)

The bad news is it will cost you $99.99 to upgrade. (£79.99 GBP)

Both my Toast 18 and newly purchased Toast 19 crash on opening on both Catalina (10.15.7) and Big Sur (11.01). I wrote to Roxio support (and included the Apple crash report) four days ago and haven’t heard back yet.

Follow-up:  It's now Nov. 23rd (two weeks) and I still haven't heard from Roxio/Corel.  I just tried downloading Toast 19.2 (I had 19.1) and it still crashes on opening.  (There was no notice of update and Toast 19 shows no updates in "Support".  Re-downloading sends the latest build.

I'm on a 2018 Mac mini i7 with 16GB of main memory and 1 TB of SSD.

Edited by RogerRub
Update

I have a 2018 Mac mini i7 with 16 GB RAM and a one TB SSD.  I was running MacOS 10.15.7 (both before and after the pushed security update from last week), and now MacOS 11.0.1.