Leftover files from previous version?

Lisa Beauregard

Question

Hi. First off, I had another account here under Nhlisa. For one reason or another, I screwed up when I registered EMC9 and could no longer access the old account.

I did buy EMC9 and installed it last night with no problems. I thought I had fully uninstalled DigitialMedia LE V7 first and then I ran Registry mechanic to clean things up. As stated, EMC9 installed fine and so far is running fine. I have burned two CDR's and 1 DVDRW with no trouble. But looking in the add/remove programs list, in addition to EMC9 suite and Drag to disk, I still have the following (again I somehow missed them):

Sonic Advanced Decoder

Sonic Audio Module

Sonic Encoders

I would assume it's safe to remove them but I don't want to screw up what's already working. Is it safe to uninstall these? I don't want to uninstall EMC9 since it seems to be working fine. Although I do need to test a few more things.

Lisa

2 answers to this question

Hi. First off, I had another account here under Nhlisa. For one reason or another, I screwed up when I registered EMC9 and could no longer access the old account.

I did buy EMC9 and installed it last night with no problems. I thought I had fully uninstalled DigitialMedia LE V7 first and then I ran Registry mechanic to clean things up. As stated, EMC9 installed fine and so far is running fine. I have burned two CDR's and 1 DVDRW with no trouble. But looking in the add/remove programs list, in addition to EMC9 suite and Drag to disk, I still have the following (again I somehow missed them):

Sonic Advanced Decoder

Sonic Audio Module

Sonic Encoders

I would assume it's safe to remove them but I don't want to screw up what's already working. Is it safe to uninstall these? I don't want to uninstall EMC9 since it seems to be working fine. Although I do need to test a few more things.

Lisa

If you are not having any problems, why delete them? I do not see them in my program list.

Archived