Dragon Engine Initialization Failed

Rocky

Question

I am running on Win XP SP2. I have been using Roxio EMC Basic DVD Plus 7 for a couple of years. I went to Win XP about 3 months ago. But in the past 3 days I have not been able to open ECM. It goes to the initial page where you select the operation you want. I select "Create New Audio CD" (I have also tried others.) It starts to open then I get this error message "Dragon Engine Initialization Failed". I have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times, to no avail. Same problem exists. I have gone thru software repair and a few other things. Found a couple of copy and paste .dll things here in this neighborhood. They did not work either. Trying to contact Roxio is a laugher.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? I generally use it a lot and don't really like Nero as much.

Thanks

Rocky

*edited to remove email address*

2 answers to this question

I am running on Win XP SP2. I have been using Roxio EMC Basic DVD Plus 7 for a couple of years. I went to Win XP about 3 months ago. But in the past 3 days I have not been able to open ECM. It goes to the initial page where you select the operation you want. I select "Create New Audio CD" (I have also tried others.) It starts to open then I get this error message "Dragon Engine Initialization Failed". I have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times, to no avail. Same problem exists. I have gone thru software repair and a few other things. Found a couple of copy and paste .dll things here in this neighborhood. They did not work either. Trying to contact Roxio is a laugher.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? I generally use it a lot and don't really like Nero as much.

Thanks

Rocky

brorat2@cox.net

I found this in the search (top right of this page) http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...0&hl=Dragon

Archived