Spamnchips

VHS to DVD3 Plus+Windows failure

Question

Hi,

I have built a new PC which has an ASUS Prime B450M-AII motherboard with a Ryzen7 CPU and 32GB RAM. Clean Windows 10 installation to 20H2 version. Install Roxio software as per instructions and when I try to run the software I get this notification.

image.png.6cfc94e53062d511d12a5a50343d146b.png

Any help will be gratefully received.

Regards

John

7 answers to this question

Hi,

When I run the software it looks for and downloads an update and then installs. Problem occurs when trying to start the software.

Do you save the file to hard drive then install for there?

Are all programs closed, antivirus and firewall software disabled when installing the update?

Do you reboot after installing the update?

Edited by cdanteek

Copied CD to HDD. Switched off Antivirus and Internet. Ran install from HDD. First messages asks for Internet to be connected and stops. Switch on internet and start install again. Next message asks for USB hardware to be connected. Install then continues with update download and full software.Now when starting the software I get the red Roxio brand label and then nothing.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:47 AM, Spamnchips said:

Copied CD to HDD

I never told you to do that!

I told you to,

Save the (sp3_to_88a.exe)  file to the harddrive then install it from there,

with all programs closed, antivirus and firewall software disabled when installing the update.

Reboot after installing the update.

Edited by cdanteek

Problem Solved.

As this was a new build with no other important software onboard, I wiped the system drive and did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2. Followed the set up instructions and installed the VHS to DVD 3 Plus software and hardware. According to the manual the hardware uses a USB 2.0 port so I plugged it into my front panel USB port. This was adequate to load the drivers but was not recognised when running the software. Just the usual "no signal" message. Out of desperation I plugged it into the rear USB 3.0 port and everything works perfectly. I don't understand why the PC "sees" the hardware in order to recognise it and load the drivers but not to "see" the signal. At least it works.