.mov format video in videowave

ForeverHopeful

Question

I have just installed EMC9 and was hoping to use videowave to create a slideshow, but my movies are in .mov format. It says on the EMC9 box that .mov is supported. However when I try to import a .mov file videowave crashes. A search through the knowledge base says .mov is not supported and all .mov files have to be supported using a third party app. Converting all my .mov files will take forever. Can I import .mov files or not?

If not then the software is pretty much useless to me and Roxio can have it back.

2 answers to this question

I have just installed EMC9 and was hoping to use videowave to create a slideshow, but my movies are in .mov format. It says on the EMC9 box that .mov is supported. However when I try to import a .mov file videowave crashes. A search through the knowledge base says .mov is not supported and all .mov files have to be supported using a third party app. Converting all my .mov files will take forever. Can I import .mov files or not?

If not then the software is pretty much useless to me and Roxio can have it back.

The ones my Kodak camera creates work fine. you probably need to have the latest Quiktime installed (the free player version should do it) so the proper codecs are on your machine.

The ones my Kodak camera creates work fine. you probably need to have the latest Quiktime installed (the free player version should do it) so the proper codecs are on your machine.

Cheers that has fixed the problem I only had the 6.x version of quicktime when I upgraded to 7 I could see the video OK. Interestingly when I used the check for latest version button in quicktime v6 it told me I had the latest version even though it clearly wasn't.

Sound is pretty awful when I import the video, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Thanks again :)

Archived