• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

19 crashes under 11.0.1

jamesfrmphilly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suggest to make a check and some maintenance of the whole mac, and a cleanup with, for instance, Onyx (which is free). More check the hard disk by starting from the recovery. My copy of 19.2 works fine from the first installation on MacOS 11.

greetings

I had the problem with 19.2 crashing under MacOS 10.14.6. This would happen instantly whenever you tried to do anything with the CD drive. I performed the uninstall instructions given above by jamesfrmphilly and it seems to be working OK, so far. I've erased and written to a CD-RW. Haven't tried a DVD yet. 

Still no answer on my ticket opened since 1/10. The problem seems to be that the app memory has no limit and balloons up to the an enormous size when trying to run a disc. You can see it happening in Activity Monitor. I did have luck with a normal DVD. It did stop working until the disc was done burning then I got the warning. Instead of force quitting Toast, I relaunched finder and it mounted to the disc. Not the most confidence inspiring experience. Then it hung up on a Blu-Ray. Uggh. They need to fix it.

I have Macbook pro  (13-inch, Mid 2012) 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina. I had to upgrade to Catalina so the new iPhone 12 would connect. My toast 14 wouldn't work so I bought Toast 19 Pro. After the install would crash upon launch, I would see launch then it would crash. I called tech support really no help, I did chat and no one was in that could help me, but they gave me a ticket number. Then i checked this forum out. jamesfrmphilly had a list o things to clear out or uninstall I followed the instructions and trashed the items listed plus anything that was labeled Roxio or Toast or Jam. I then ran a maintenance program on OnyX. and reinstalled Toast 19 Pro and it didn't crash. Thanks forum and jamesfrmphilly  he posted the info on Jan 3

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.28.50 PM.png

• Like 1