• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

jamesfrmphilly

19 crashes under 11.0.1

Got Toast 19.2, tried the audio crossfade on a quick test image disc and it worked fine.

While working in crossfades on the main mix cd is started crashing and now Toast will not even open! It just hangs and all the fans spin up.

Big Sur 11.1. This really should not be this bad out of the box.

i had it working for a few days and then it crashed again. 19.2 simply does not work under big sur 11.1

tech support appears to be a black hole. nothing comes out.

i think roxio/corel is no longer a viable company.

there is a website that will sell the software and take your money. 

beyond that there is nothing.

we are screwed.

The good news! There are actually people working on this and today we have...19.3 released!

The bad news....well, it still is not working

Since NO ONE from Roxio ever seems to monitor or answer this forum, I seriously wonder if anyone from Roxio has any idea how to build an app for Macintosh! Unless I personally see some evidence of our customer messages being monitored and I get a confirmation that Roxio even knows how to build for Macs, then this will be the last piece of Roxio software I ever purchase.

HEY, ROXIO!—ARE YOU REALLY PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO YOUR MAC CUSTOMERS!

Nevertheless, I installed the update and it is working (FOR NOW!) But the Good Lord only knows how long 19.3 will remain stable. My question still stands . . . ROXIO? ROXIO? IS ANYBOY OUT THERE???

Okay, I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO BURN A DISC IMAGE yesterday, with the transitions and everything. Mind you I had to start from scratch, as I had given up on opening the .disc file from 19.2. I saved and resaved....and then at some point Toast just decides to stop saving. I had to "Save As" and replace the file from then on. At one point I went to another program to check something and I got the spinning beach ball in Toast! But I had other things to do, so I just walked away. When I came back (10? 15? mins later) it was back to normal, so...I dunno. I got it to do what I wanted. BUT IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD.

(Side question: Big Sur peeps, are you finding that Mac is just slow at some things like serious lags between hitting save and getting the save dialog window?)

I have *not* tried the "erase everything, install 19.3" trick. Maybe I should. Again, THIS SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD.

Yeh, I think there really is something to do with uninstalling certain previous files, then reinstalling Toast 19. I haven't had any problems yet after performing this procedure. But, then again, I an not necessarily a frequent user of the app.

23 hours ago, jamesfrmphilly said:

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 4.47.34 PM.png

What the h-e-double toothpicks is a "cold reboot"???

Big Sur had a new update to 11.2.3, and now Toast is back not working again. Reinstalled and then re-upgraded (because 19.2 is still the "newest" version on this site. 

Toast hangs when trying to open the doc where I left off. Oy.

• Like 1

Toast 19.3 hangs upon opening every time...

• New MacBook Pro
  • Clean erase and install of OSX 11.2.3 (no Migration Assistant)
  • New install of Toast 19.3 (no previous versions ever installed on this OS)

Any help or suggestions welcome!

My god, nothing is resolved and within 30mins I receive this saying the issue is resolved... The only thing I acknowledged is that I can't use Toast!

email.JPG

On 3/24/2021 at 1:40 AM, fem said:

Toast is 19.3!

cheers

That's what I meant--there is no link to 19.3 here, AFAIK, you have to d/l 19.2, install, and then on opening it will d/l 19.3

It does not crash on opening... and it is 19.3, MacOS 11.2.3 (big sur) Minimac

Schermata 2021-03-26 alle 12.14.29.png

Well it definitely crashes on opening for me and I'm running 19.3 on OSX 11.2.3 (intel MacBook Pro). Cheers

Probably there is a conflict with either residuals of old installations, or some other app or plug. Have you tried to start in safe mode? (Immediately after reset, press shift, and then try to start Toast)

On 3/28/2021 at 1:13 AM, fem said:

Probably there is a conflict with either residuals of old installations, or some other app or plug. Have you tried to start in safe mode? (Immediately after reset, press shift, and then try to start Toast)

Nope, this is a new install of Toast 19.3 onto a brand new install of Mac OSX 11.2.3 onto a brand new MacBook Pro - no older version of toast was ever installed on this system.

However, despite being told my ticket was closed even though Toast doesn't work, I followed the lengthy uninstall instructions for Toast 18 and reinstalled Toast 19 - same issue. Toast hangs upon opening EVERY TIME.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 6.37.44 AM.JPG

I've performed the long-form uninstall instructions and reinstalled twice but Toast 19.3 still hangs on launch under OSX 11.2.3 (Intel Mac). Brand new MacBook Pro. And no previous versions of Toast were ever installed on this Mac (and no previous version of the OS either).

Has anyone found a solution that works?

Edited by cmscss

On 3/30/2021 at 12:00 PM, cmscss said:

I've performed the long-form uninstall instructions and reinstalled twice but Toast 19.3 still hangs on launch under OSX 11.2.3 (Intel Mac). Brand new MacBook Pro. And no previous versions of Toast were ever installed on this Mac (and no previous version of the OS either).

Has anyone found a solution that works?

Yea I did. I downloaded Express Burn from NCH Software. It can functionally burn DVDs and Blu Ray disks on macOS 11 (Intel). Toast 19 is completely unusable. 

16 hours ago, macdude22 said:

Yea I did. I downloaded Express Burn from NCH Software.

If I were you, I would thoroughly check NCH Software on the web. I understand that most of their "free" software requires you to buy a paid license after a couple of months.

4 hours ago, POPSD said:

If I were you, I would thoroughly check NCH Software on the web. I understand that most of their "free" software requires you to buy a paid license after a couple of months.

It worked to functionally burn a Blu-Ray disk under macOS 11. I was happy to pay 30 dollars. Only wish I could get my 50 back from the crooks at roxio. 

19 hours ago, macdude22 said:

I was happy to pay 30 dollars.

That's good. I am happy that NCH software worked for you and that you were glad to pay the price. My only point is that you did not mention NCH's checkered reputation and did not mention the "free" turning into "paid."

Brand new version (again!) 19.4!!!!

Worked smoothly for the first disc...

trouble ever since!

it's okay if you go in, create your mix, export in one go. But if you save a project and try to open back up it just hangs. No idea why.

I don't know why this just can't do the basic stuff it used to do.