• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jamesfrmphilly

19 crashes under 11.0.1

18 crashes under big sur. 

i called the support number. she says 18 is not supported under 11.0.1 she says buy 19. i buy 19.

19 crashes the same as 18.

anybody know of software that will allow me to rip, edit and burn CD ? under mac os 11.0.1 ?

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 1.46.48 PM.png

Edited by jamesfrmphilly

I installed big sur on another drive and bought the upgrade to Toast 19.  Not only did they kill the interface, it wants to re-encode everything and crashes.  Guess I'll stay with Catalina and 18 for now.

Edited by Matt Caz

i followed the corel instructions and i deleted all the old toast files that were on my drive.

then i reinstalled toast 18 and it ran.

i got a refund for toast 19.

they need an un installer app that will clean up and set up for a clean install.

I suggest to make a check and some maintenance of the whole mac, and a cleanup with, for instance, Onyx (which is free). More check the hard disk by starting from the recovery. My copy of 19.2 works fine from the first installation on MacOS 11.

greetings

i ran the onyx software and then did a clean uninstall and reinstall of 19.2

i was able to run 19.2 audio one time. great.

turns out that the painter app does not work under big sur so i'm asking for a refund for my 'pro' app.

Edited by jamesfrmphilly

Hi all,

I have exactly the same issue! I've chatted with the support team and deleted all Roxio related libraries, as they told me, but the error is still the same. The supporter told me that they will catch up later, when the issue is fixed. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-30 um 19.45.05.png

after doing a clean uninstall and following all their instructions 19.2 ran ok for a few days and crashed again.

apparently roxio does not actually have tech support anymore. i think we're screwed.

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.57.46 AM.png

I had the problem with 19.2 crashing under MacOS 10.14.6. This would happen instantly whenever you tried to do anything with the CD drive. I performed the uninstall instructions given above by jamesfrmphilly and it seems to be working OK, so far. I've erased and written to a CD-RW. Haven't tried a DVD yet. 

i think they should have the uninstall code in front of every install. we should not have to do it.

i believe  they don't have any technicians left. maybe it's the virus or maybe they fired them all.

in any case we are screwed.

Edited by jamesfrmphilly

Still no answer on my ticket opened since 1/10. The problem seems to be that the app memory has no limit and balloons up to the an enormous size when trying to run a disc. You can see it happening in Activity Monitor. I did have luck with a normal DVD. It did stop working until the disc was done burning then I got the warning. Instead of force quitting Toast, I relaunched finder and it mounted to the disc. Not the most confidence inspiring experience. Then it hung up on a Blu-Ray. Uggh. They need to fix it.