Milophie

IPhone Videos

https://www.roxio.com/en/products/creator/#tech-specs

Input Formats:

• Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, DVR-MS, ASF, MOV (AVC), WMV, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265)1, AVCHD, 3D over/under full and half-height, side-by-side full and half-width, 3D MPO
  • Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4a, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U), AC3
  • Image: 3D MPO, JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

I'm afraid that doesn't answer my question.  I am currently using NXT 5 Pro.  NXT 5 Pro doesn't recognize videos I created on my Iphone XR.  I've tried to locate the specs for NXT 5 to see whether there is a difference.  My simple question should be just a yes or no answer.  Does NXT 8 allow me to use videos from an Iphone XR, or do I have to convert them using another program before Videowave will recognize them?

14 minutes ago, Milophie said:

My simple question should be just a yes or no answer.

Do you see your Iphone XR  video file extension listed in the Input formats, tech specs I posted?

So is it a yes or no?

Iphone videos are mov.  I'm sure you can understand, I don't mind upgrading to NXT 8, as long as I know I don't have to worry about having to convert videos shot with my IPhone.  NXT 5 will not allow me to use mov files.  I have searched and searched for the input formats for NXT 5 to no avail.  I was hoping someone had direct experience with using mov files with NXT 8.  Even though the NXT 8 specs show mov files in their input formats, there are times where cell phones shot in formats with that don't work. 

" there are times where cell phones shot in formats with that don't work "

You answered your own question