• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Nicola

How To Install just Roxio Sound Editor

Question

I have NXT 4 installed on my main computer and Roxio EMC 2012 installed on my laptop (I also have EMC 2010 and 2011 which are not being used).

I only really need Roxio Sound editor on my laptop. After installing EMC 2012 I can only uninstall DivX player and Photo Show. Its a shame for EMC 2012 to take up 2 Gbt space when I only need the sound editor. Is there a way just to keep the sound editor installed? I also have Audacity installed on my laptop, but over the years I have got used to Roxio sound editor and I prefer to use that when I can. I also note that Roxio do not sell the sound editor separately. 

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Chris  

3 answers to this question

Hi Chris,

Alas, Roxio didn't provide a 'custom' install for Creator 2010 through 2012, so I can't see a way to have Roxio Sound Editor as a stand-alone program from any of the Creators you have.  :(

Brendon

Thank you for your reply Brendon. I thought that would probably be the case.

I also tried to install the sound editor from Easy CD Creator 6. It actually installed, but as expected, this older version of the editor it wouldn't run on Win 10. 

Kind regards

Chris

I just did a custom install of Audio Central 6 into a virtual Windows 7 and that worked - took a whole 18MB :) - but when you consider the fuss and space needed to install the virtual Windows I'm not really saving anything, am I.

Sorry Chris.

Brendon