Video Quality

Jennifer

Question

I have created a video/slideshow of our recent wedding. I am using our video camera to import the video footage onto the computer. The video quality is great when it's viewed on the camera or when the camera is hooked up to he TV, however, in the EMC program the video quality is terrible. Does anyone know how to improve the video quality in this program? I don't know if it's an issue with the EMC program or something to do with my computer. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I have created a video/slideshow of our recent wedding. I am using our video camera to import the video footage onto the computer. The video quality is great when it's viewed on the camera or when the camera is hooked up to he TV, however, in the EMC program the video quality is terrible. Does anyone know how to improve the video quality in this program? I don't know if it's an issue with the EMC program or something to do with my computer. Thanks!

How do you have your camcorder connected to the computer? It needs to be connected via firewire, and you capture as an .avi file, not .mpeg2.

... however, in the EMC program the video quality is terrible.
What you see ON SCREEN is just a 'preview' which is indeed lower quality. The preview is like that so editing can be faster and not have to render full quality just for the preview. Have you completed a project and burned it to disc or to a folder? THAT is the final output. Remember that you can only get ONE HOUR of best quality on a single layer, 4.7 DVD.

What you see ON SCREEN is just a 'preview' which is indeed lower quality. The preview is like that so editing can be faster and not have to render full quality just for the preview. Have you completed a project and burned it to disc or to a folder? THAT is the final output. Remember that you can only get ONE HOUR of best quality on a single layer, 4.7 DVD.

I was hoping that the preview quality was lower, but I was able to get about 20 seconds of my project burned to DVD (I'm having issues with that as well) and the video quality is really bad. Thanks for your help.

How do you have your camcorder connected to the computer? It needs to be connected via firewire, and you capture as an .avi file, not .mpeg2.

Maybe that's it. Where can I get a firewire, and are there a million different ones that I'm going to have to choose from? Thanks for your help!

I was hoping that the preview quality was lower, but I was able to get about 20 seconds of my project burned to DVD (I'm having issues with that as well) and the video quality is really bad. Thanks for your help.

Maybe that's it. Where can I get a firewire, and are there a million different ones that I'm going to have to choose from? Thanks for your help!

First you better check your camcorder to see if it has a firewire output connection and your computer, to see if it has a firwire port.

Archived