onlinegenie

Cannot get rid of Welcome Window

Hi everybody.

I've just bought and installed Toast 19, iMac running Catalina 10.15.1 (beta). When I load Toast there is a Welcome window almost entirely covering the main window. There isn't a cross to get rid of this Welcome window so I thought it would go away on its own after a few seconds - it doesn't. If I hover the cursor over the window it just beachballs.

Apple are probably sick of me sending reports as to why I force quit Toast! Has this happened to anyone else and - more importantly - does anyone have a solution?

Mark

Update: I got it working by installing it on a Parallels virtual machine running Mac OS 10.14. It still won't load on 10.15. This does not inspire me to install Big Sur!

14 hours ago, jamesfrmphilly said:

toast has not worked since i installed big sur.

Which suggests that my purchase of Parallels was money well spent.

I'm running Toast 19 on Big Sur 11.1. I had to fully remove any and all remnants of Toast 18 then reboot and then install Toast 19 to get it to work.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, Matt Caz said:

I'm running Toast 19 on Big Sur 11.1. I had to fully remove any and all remnants of Toast 18 then reboot and then install Toast 19 to get it to work.

I've done that and it still didn't work :(.

Corel said they wanted to do a remote session with me to see if they could sort it. I told them I'd be available on Tuesday, but I didn't hear from them :(. I'm about to rebuild my Mac from scratch (it's been giving me other problems as well). I'll make sure Toast is one of the first applications I install - I'm hoping that should work.