• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

StuartC1972

Roxio Toast 19 - Poor Interface, bad design

Hi, everyone,

I am new to this Discussions group, but I just had to post as a long time user of Toast since 'Toast 5 Titanium'. Normally with each version of Toast has come changes to the user interface and as a professional graphic designer I have not always fully liked the design choices but understood that change is often necessary and felt that the interface was still within the limits of good design.

However, I am most displeased with the current direction of the design of the user interface for Toast 19. It no longer feels like I am using Toast and I think if this is not drastically improved in Toast version 20, I will abandon the product despite being a long time fan. I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way about the design and I just don't understand the design decision with this. A lot of mac users are designers and I just feel that the design has cheapened the product somewhat. Also when I was installing the product on my MacBook Pro, the installer crashed.

I have had a similar experience with the last Roxio Creator software for PC too, it was buggy and I didn't like the design of the software and subsequently removed from my PC and now have taken the decision to no longer update the software anymore.

I would be willing to work with Roxio in the future to help improve the user interface and possibly lend a hand in designing it if need be to keep the product fresh and alive but as it stands I think this software is going downhill fast which is a real shame since it was a product I truly loved.

• Like 1

That would have been a good option. Yes it has gone backwards in its look. I hate those icons which go along the top. I have reverted to Toast 18 and I hope it stays supported for a while on Mac OS particularly Big  Sur. It just doesn’t look like a Mac product anymore. There are so many bits with Toast that we have had to put up with like the About dialogue looking a bit ropey for years but as soon as they messed up the interface that is a big bad decision and one that is gonna affect the sales of the product and possibly it’s lifespan now.

• Like 1