• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Format Not Supported

John AS

Trying to recover jpg files from CD burned 8 years ago. The full size jpg files are on the CD but Windows 10 reports file format not supported. I have tried several different multi format viewers  but no luck.  Any suggests would be appreciated. Corel support has not been helpful thus far.

I'm remembering now. Created the album with bundled software that came with the PC . Burnt the CD with Roxio. Taking apart the cfg files appears the bundled software was FlipAlbum. I'm guessing there data in the header file of the jpg. Need a more robust multiformat viewer.

John AS

Here is the contents of the first part of your file which downloaded and unzipped without error.   It is followed by a similar display of a JPG that I just made.  The Hex contents and address are shown on the left in each case, with the ASCII display on the right.

1239992068_Johnsfile.jpg.744b626c90bc87c0455ed699493e3786.jpg1080059531_myfile.jpg.5f6b8a26d2f6102e0ff4288150da792a.jpg

As you can see,  your file is rather chaotic, while mine shows an orderly JFIF header.    It appears that your FlipAlbum software has changed (perhaps encrypted) the JPG.   You're reading the CD fine so Creator worked properly,  but Windows can't interpret the altered JPG files.

Regards, Brendon