• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Question

I just purchased Roxio easy VHS to DVD for Mac.  I have a new MacBook Air with the M1 chip.  I just realized that the System Requirements state that a Mac computer with in Intel processor is required. Does this mean I should return this device?

Also, my MacBook Air comes with two thunderbolts, no USB 2.0 (a requirement), so I purchased an adaptor.  However, I just read on page 5 of the instructions that the USB device should be connected directly to your Mac, not through a USB hub.  Does this mean I can't use it if I have to use an adaptor to use the USB to the thunderbolt?  

And lastly, assuming the first two issues can be overcome, my cable from my VCR ends in a male 10 pin plug; however the video plug on the usb adaptor is a female 4 pin.  Is there an adaptor that will connect the two?  I've searched but can't find one.  

I'm sorry for all the questions.  I'm just so aggravated.  I should have read the system requirements better.  If this doesn't work, any suggestions on a product that will work with my laptop?  Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I had the same problem with another product.  I've been using the Elgato VHS to DVD program with my older iMac with no problems until I purchased a new iMac M1 with 4 Thunderbolt ports when the program no longer worked.  I reached out to their customer service dept. who told me their engineers have having problems with M1 iMacs because of their radical architecture.  He even suggested to try Roxio's product, which I purchased this week. Lo and behold I'm experiencing the same problem with a blank screen when I hook it up.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with a new iMac with the VHS to DVD program on the board, and wonder if they have the same problem or found a way around this.

I ended up contacting tech support and they told me I had to purchase the NEW version for the M1 chip.  Fortunately, Best Buy refunded my purchase.  They didn't have the version I needed so I purchased it directly from Roxio.  Once I had the correct version, it worked perfectly!  Super easy. 

What's the new version?  I haven't seen anything on their web site concerning M1 compatibility.  Is there a way to simply download an update for my program? Do you have an iMac or a Mac Mini or another M1 Mac with USB ports or only Thunderbolt ports?

Edited by ptmph