Question

Just downloaded Roxio Easy to rip my home and purchased DVD collection to view on PC.  Waste of $30.  Does not work and is not easy. 

Rip off in my opinion.  Prove me wrong.  Let's go further with the millions of dollars spent for nothing.

image.png

8 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, uli@ctmes.com.au said:

Just downloaded Roxio Easy to rip my home and purchased DVD collection to view on PC.  Waste of $30.  Does not work and is not easy. 

Rip off in my opinion.  Prove me wrong.  Let's go further with the millions of dollars spent for nothing.

image.png

Breaking encryption on commercial DVD's is against the law in most places in this World. Roxio being a World Company obeys the laws over encryption and we don't even talk about breaking that law here on Roxio's website, enough said!

Edited by cdanteek

Which Roxio product are you speaking about, Mr.Stumpf?   

There are a large number of Roxio products with names starting with "Easy . . . ." and it's very hard to point you in the right direction if all you can tell us about it is " Does not work and is not easy ".

16 hours ago, cdanteek said:

Breaking encryption on commercial DVD's is against the law in most places in this World. Roxio being a World Company obeys the laws over encryption and we don't even talk about breaking that law here on Roxio's website, enough said!

Thanks cdanteek,  Not breaking any laws.  Digitizing my purchased collection to view on more modern storage devices for my own personal use.  The description I captured gives the impression that you are able to do this.

Thanks.  I'll get this thread shifted to the Easy CD & DVD Burning forum where it belongs.  The link in General Chat will take you there for a little while.

I have a drive with this software installed, so I can run it when needed.   Can you tell me what steps you're taking to do whatever it is you want, and where/how it's not performing as expected, please?  Your Operating System would also be useful to know.

Brendon

Hi Brendan,  I would like to digitize my CD, DVD collection for my personal use on different and more modern devices.  Running Windows 10.  I am under the impression that you can rip these and or convert to a HDD as an example.

Hi Uli,

Sorry, but his software will only handle unprotected CDs or DVDs, as Cdanteek was suggesting in his reply to your first post.  

While the 'fair use doctrine' in the US would allow you to make limited use of copyrighted material such as making a copy of a work (that you've bought) for your own personal use, in the US the 'Recording Industry' got around that by getting the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) made law so that breaking protection is a crime.    (Crafty of them!!)

In any event, because of that law, Roxio's software isn't allowed to break DVD protection and can't copy protected discs - and almost all commercial DVDs are protected with one or more protection schemes.  :(

If you bought this software directly from Roxio, they say they will refund your purchase price for any reason, within 30 days.  If the software won't do what you bought it for, I suggest you apply for a refund as soon as you can.

Best regards, Brendon

4 minutes ago, Brendon said:

Hi Uli,

Sorry, but his software will only handle unprotected CDs or DVDs, as Cdanteek was suggesting in his reply to your first post.  

While the 'fair use doctrine' in the US would allow you to make limited use of copyrighted material such as making a copy of a work (that you've bought) for your own personal use, in the US the 'Recording Industry' got around that by getting the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) made law so that breaking protection is a crime.    (Crafty of them!!)

In any event, because of that law, Roxio's software isn't allowed to break DVD protection and can't copy protected discs - and almost all commercial DVDs are protected with one or more protection schemes.  :(

If you bought this software directly from Roxio, they say they will refund your purchase price for any reason, within 30 days.  If the software won't do what you bought it for, I suggest you apply for a refund as soon as you can.

Best regards, Brendon

Thanks Brendon, much appreciated.