• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Titanium 19 not mounting audio disk images

mccaffrp21

I bought this program to replace Daemontools due to the developer's poor support and lack of proper development under Apple's new rules regarding 3rd party kexts. I specifically need Toast to be able to mount bin/cue files in the Mac finder so I can access the data "as-is" for either playing the CD image with various music apps, or for other purposes such as burning to physical disk or converting to different formats. I use the bin/cue - raw PCM image file as a gold standard copy of my Audio CD's. I don't want to mess with conversion and ripping for long term storage. Just can't stand it that there is no way to mount a bin/cue file on a Mac without using Daemontools which does not always work properly. I have been using both Toast and DT for more than 15 years on both Windows and Mac and on the Mac we used to be able to mount image files - both bin/cue and sd2f. Well, today, June 5th 2001 it does not seem possible anymore. I just spent 80 bucks to do something that from all research appeared to be possible. Can anyone confirm whether this is possible anymore with Toast? There is a "mount image" in the utility menu of Toast but it does not seem to be able to mount anything. Just in case there is confusion - I don't want to open the bin file with Toast, I want to mount it as a disk image such as the CD itself and use the .cue file as it is designed. Additionally I created a disk image from an audio CD with Toast today and it created a single sd2f file but that wont mount either. I have proper security permissions set. Mac OS Big Sur 11.4 is my OS. I did not upgrade from previous version of Toast so there are no old plist files to delete.

Don't expect an answer - they do not support their software properly. I have the same problem with a huge library of .Sd2f disk images. Not one will mount. They told me to reinstall my operating system, then install toast 19 Pro. I had originally installed 19 on a fresh system. It simply does not mount disk images created by Toast itself!

Bambooken, that does not sound good. So I purchased a replacement software for reasons of poor support from a competitor, only to find out that this company is even worse! I might as well have wiped my &%$ with $80. I won't use this software for anything if it cannot make and mount CD Audio disk images. I wonder if I can get my money back? I think I am going to dispute the charge with my credit card company.