Can't install AVG antivirus because of Roxio bug

audrey

Question

But when I try to execute the above update, I get the err msg:

"This update is designed for CDR4 Drivers 7.1 and above"

Newbie here!

I don't even know what Roxio driver(s) are installed on this Dell XP Home computer.

But, I can't install the AVG software, because of an alleged bug in the Roxio software.

And now I can't install the update/upgrade because I'm supposed to have the wrong Roxio Driver installed.

Any hints on how I can get back to installing the AVG anti-virus software?

6 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
But when I try to execute the above update, I get the err msg:

"This update is designed for CDR4 Drivers 7.1 and above"

Newbie here!

I don't even know what Roxio driver(s) are installed on this Dell XP Home computer.

But, I can't install the AVG software, because of an alleged bug in the Roxio software.

And now I can't install the update/upgrade because I'm supposed to have the wrong Roxio Driver installed.

Any hints on how I can get back to installing the AVG anti-virus software?

What version of Roxio are you using? Open VideoWave and go to Help/ About to see what version you're using.

What version of Roxio are you using? Open VideoWave and go to Help/ About to see what version you're using.

I only have 3 Roxio apps installed:

- Direct CD Format Utility

- Disc Copier

- Easy CD Creator

I'm not certain if these are trial versions or not. I just did a complete reinstall of Win XP Home and all the other cd's that came with the computer. I've never used the CD drive for anything other than reading CD's.

Everything I see is Version 5.

I only have 3 Roxio apps installed:

- Direct CD Format Utility

- Disc Copier

- Easy CD Creator

I'm not certain if these are trial versions or not. I just did a complete reinstall of Win XP Home and all the other cd's that came with the computer. I've never used the CD drive for anything other than reading CD's.

Try this: http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/mserr/cdr4_7.html

Guest mlpasley

If it's version 5 and AVG requires 7, that's not going to work.

If all you do is read and write CDs, you don't need the Roxio programs.

The built in CD reading and writing programs in WinXP home will do what you need.

Go to Windows\ Control Panel\ Add Remove programs and uninstall the programs.

If it's version 5 and AVG requires 7, that's not going to work.

If all you do is read and write CDs, you don't need the Roxio programs.

The built in CD reading and writing programs in WinXP home will do what you need.

Go to Windows\ Control Panel\ Add Remove programs and uninstall the programs.

Thanks all!

the link: Try this: http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/mserr/cdr4_7.html just takes me back to the cdr4_53_71.exe update... which, of course will not install on the existing Roxio software in my computilator.

I think I'll take mlpasley's prudent advice & just stick with the regular ol' WIN XP CD stuph.

Again, thank you all for your quick replies.

It looks like you have Dell OEM software - that means the Original Eqpt Mfgr (in this case, Dell) has bought the rights to use the program, and accepts the responsibility to do the support.

So they are who you should contact - altho the link you were given by Ogdens should take care of the problem.

Lynn

Archived