• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Computer Crashing & USB Connection

ReklessCruise

Question

Heyo!

I bought one of these cards maybe 4-6 months ago (can't remember exactly). I had gotten all of the items in the box, this including, the card, the connector for PC USB to the card, the installation DVD, and obviously the guide flyer type thing. I've had countless issues since I got it, the first issue is the USB connector cable for the card. The issue I'm encountering here is what I assume is a bad cord. Say I have the USB end plugged into the computer, I then plug the other end into the card. And then my windows is just spazzing out with the USB connected/disconnected noise. If I don't take the USB out, my computer crashes (blue screen). I noticed someone else was having this same issue I think. I did see them send a picture of their computer in the blue screen menu thing. This is what happens when I don't have the USB plugged all the way in to my card. If I put the USB all the way into the port on the card, it ends up showing me the purple light (I think that's the color). From what I saw, blue light means it's connected, purple means it's not even connecting and your computer isn't seeing it. I did manage to get it to work once with a Nintendo Switch. But I then tried to turn my camera on in an app called Discord. Then followed with my computer crashing after around 20-30+ seconds of loading. 

I'm not sure if the firmware at all needs to be updated. But if it does, let me know. I also saw something in a thread about using the installation DVD. But... we're living in 2021, not many computers have DVD players anymore haha. I did install Via the Service Pack though. 

Sorry for all the details, my computer specs are pretty low-end. But pointing out the fact that I was able to see my Nintendo Switch's screen on my Roxio Capture window. I believe it can capture it. Just wondering if the cord would be damaged at all... or if it's just the card being slightly defective. 

User with almost the same issue

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 4300U @ 1.90GHz    51 °C
    Haswell ULT 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 198F (U3E1)
Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics Family (HP)
Storage
    119GB LITEONIT LCS-128M6S 2.5 7mm 128GB (SATA (SSD))

(Taken from Speccy, let me know if you need the full file)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet