• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD plus

Jim B

Question

My computer came with a program called MyDVD Plus ver 6.2.0 by Sonic. Since my Hi8 camcorder does not have a firewire connection, I can use MyDVD to capture video from it using a S-video connection. I can upgrade my program to version 9. Does anyone know if version 9 will still support my S-video connection or will it reqire a firewire connection?

TIA Jim Birke

2 answers to this question

:huh:-->

QUOTE(Jim B @ Nov 16 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My computer came with a program called MyDVD Plus ver 6.2.0 by Sonic. Since my Hi8 camcorder does not have a firewire connection, I can use MyDVD to capture video from it using a S-video connection. I can upgrade my program to version 9. Does anyone know if version 9 will still support my S-video connection or will it reqire a firewire connection?

TIA Jim Birke

Jim, How are you converting the analog signal from the camcorder to a digital signal that the computer handle? Do you have something built in or are you using an external analog to digital converter. A lot of the converters (capture devices) work but not all of them. Post what you have and perhaps someone will have the same device and let you know. A lot of Windows Media Center Edition computers do have built in.

There is a rumor that Roxio will have a 30 day trial version of the software soon. Perhaps you can wait until that is available. :)

:huh:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim B @ Nov 16 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> My computer came with a program called MyDVD Plus ver 6.2.0 by Sonic. Since my Hi8 camcorder does not have a firewire connection, I can use MyDVD to capture video from it using a S-video connection. I can upgrade my program to version 9. Does anyone know if version 9 will still support my S-video connection or will it reqire a firewire connection?

TIA Jim Birke

Jim, How are you converting the analog signal from the camcorder to a digital signal that the computer handle? Do you have something built in or are you using an external analog to digital converter. A lot of the converters (capture devices) work but not all of them. Post what you have and perhaps someone will have the same device and let you know. A lot of Windows Media Center Edition computers do have built in.

There is a rumor that Roxio will have a 30 day trial version of the software soon. Perhaps you can wait until that is available. :)

With this program, I can connect my Hi8 camcorder to my computer using the S-video and audio jacks on it and capture video without a converter. Something called a "Hauppauge Win TV PCI II" is the capture device and "HD-DVD Quality" is the capture setting as stated in the program. (This is beyond my expertize.) I asked the question here because, when I tried to send it to Sonic, I was told I would have to register my product. When I tried to do that, I got an error message. (Just luv 'em.) So I called them. I was told that the version 9 software would only support Firewire. So I don't upgrade. I have a little box made by ADS called a video express. It attaches to a USB port and does the analog to digital conversion. It works, but the capture quality isn't as good unless I go with an AVI file. I'd really like to thank this board and especially you for the help I've gotten here.

Thanks again

Archived