Easy VHS to DVD won't launch on Windows 10?

Clark K

Question

I've installed, then uninstalled, then reinstalled, Easy VHS to DVD 3 on my updated Windows 10 computer three times now, then installed the Easy VHS to DVD update from Roxio's website, and still I can't get it to even launch. When I double-click on the icon, or select "open" after right-clicking on the icon, the copyright screen comes up immediately as if it is going to launch, but that's all I ever get. No error message. Just nothing at all. (The disc labeling software launches fine.) And, yes, I am plugging in the USB device BEFORE installing the program from the CD. 

3 answers to this question

On 7/31/2021 at 5:46 PM, Clark K said:

I've installed, then uninstalled, then reinstalled, Easy VHS to DVD 3 on my updated Windows 10 computer three times now, then installed the Easy VHS to DVD update from Roxio's website, and still I can't get it to even launch. When I double-click on the icon, or select "open" after right-clicking on the icon, the copyright screen comes up immediately as if it is going to launch, but that's all I ever get. No error message. Just nothing at all. (The disc labeling software launches fine.) And, yes, I am plugging in the USB device BEFORE installing the program from the CD. 

I'm having this same issue.  I was able to use it earlier but now it won't open at all.  We're you able to get this solved?

Hello 6/2022

I had the same issue installing the downloadable software from Roxio website (Easy VHS to DVD 3) because I did not have a DVD player/recorder.

However, I picked up a usb DVD/recorder and installed from the DISC supplied by Roxio.

The installation WORKED for the VHS to DVD portion of the install. Using the Record, edit function of the software DID NOT WORK.

I was able to transfer ONE VHS to DVD before functionality stopped. The Roxio program could no longer sense the VHS connection and was unuseable.

I switched to an older Win7 Dell Inspiron Laptop (no updates past Win7) and the functionality of the VHS to DVD was more stable (albeit slower load times). The program and USB device work every time. However, I'm having an issue with NO AUDIO after transferring from VHS to DVD. This occurs on ANY DVD player.

I am still troubleshooting the problem and have a post about it within this messaging community.

Not sure if this info helps. good luck.

Mike