darque hellmutt

Burn Audio to CD failure

Question

Tried to burn MP3 files to disc as both "Audio CD" and "MP3/WMA Disc".  Burns proceeded, but both errored at end with:
      "Session Fixation Error while writing lead in - Medium error. (Click for more info)."

I screen-shot and PDF'd the details; you'll need to enlarge the page to read it.  Lots of little numbers.

Any help would be most welcome.   

( PS - Also won't burn with other burner software, so it may be a hardware issue, but I wanted to start here.)

21-0811 CD Burn Error.pdf

Edited by darque hellmutt
typos and grammar

2 answers to this question

It IS a hardware issue, sorry.  

When your burner writes a disc it writes a lead-in, then the record data, then a lead-out.    Your burner didn't even get so far as to successfully write the lead-in, so it won't write a disc with any burner software.   Sorry, but it's back to a workshop where they can test and repair/replace the slim-line drive.

Regards, Brendon

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brendon said:

It IS a hardware issue, sorry.  

When your burner writes a disc it writes a lead-in, then the record data, then a lead-out.    Your burner didn't even get so far as to successfully write the lead-in, so it won't write a disc with any burner software.   Sorry, but it's back to a workshop where they can test and repair/replace the slim-line drive.

Regards, Brendon

Thanks so much.  The drive has no problem with playback, but this is the first time I've actually tried to burn anything with it in the 4 years I've had the computer.  Guess I'll be calling H.P next.