Jump to content
lesdubb@gmail.com

Runtime Error Program ... Files (x86) Roxio Creator NXT 8\VideoUI\VideoWave.exe

Recommended Posts

Runtime Error  Program ... Files (x86) Roxio Creator NXT 8\VideoUI\VideoWave.exe 

This is not a hardware issue running on DELL XPS 8940, Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz   2.50 GHzRAM:32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable) and GeFroce RTX 2060 Super 8GB GDDR6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea what your problem is since you have not supplied any useful information.

How about telling us what you are doing, something about your project, at what point does the error occur, etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting a new project [my 20+, been using for years, posted multiple travel videos on YouTube] and found NXT4 stable but rather than reinstall [will need to call and get reauthorized] I downloaded NXT8, after NXT7 continued to crash. Project is multiple formats: Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 [PL 12-60mm f/2.8-f/4], Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 [OM-D 12-100mm f/4] & iPhone Xr, typically audio is separated video sound & add to sound effects along with music, text inserted multiple ways using Internal tracks or on timeline crawling, scrolling or fading. Sadly I can't get beyond length of 5:01.21 and my travel videos run from 10-20min depending on the story. 

Sometimes I get the Runtime Error  Program ... Files (x86) Roxio Creator NXT 8\VideoUI\VideoWave.exe, but can be inconsistent just inserting a still jpeg  or insering a png on an internal track   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lesdubb@gmail.com said:

Starting a new project [my 20+, been using for years, posted multiple travel videos on YouTube] and found NXT4 stable but rather than reinstall [will need to call and get reauthorized] I downloaded NXT8, after NXT7 continued to crash. Project is multiple formats: Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 [PL 12-60mm f/2.8-f/4], Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 [OM-D 12-100mm f/4] & iPhone Xr, typically audio is separated video sound & add to sound effects along with music, text inserted multiple ways using Internal tracks or on timeline crawling, scrolling or fading. Sadly I can't get beyond length of 5:01.21 and my travel videos run from 10-20min depending on the story. 

Sometimes I get the Runtime Error  Program ... Files (x86) Roxio Creator NXT 8\VideoUI\VideoWave.exe, but can be inconsistent just inserting a still jpeg  or insering a png on an internal track   

So what do you have at 5:01:21 that is causing the program to crash?

When I create a project, I always do it in segments ,never a full blown project that is 10 minutes or longer. I add an item or  two (video,audio, transition, etc) and to a test render before adding more. That way I can immediately see what is causing the problem. Smaller segments that have rendered without problems, can easily be "merged" for the final product.

Also using videos from different devices often cause problems since they may have different properties (such as variable frame rates, etc) whci the program may not accept. This problem exists for other video programs as well.

I don't understand what Photo Edit is supposed to do

Edited by bimicher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2021 at 5:59 PM, bimicher said:

So what do you have at 5:01:21 that is causing the program to crash?

When I create a project, I always do it in segments ,never a full blown project that is 10 minutes or longer. I add an item or  two (video,audio, transition, etc) and to a test render before adding more. That way I can immediately see what is causing the problem. Smaller segments that have rendered without problems, can easily be "merged" for the final product.

Also using videos from different devices often cause problems since they may have different properties (such as variable frame rates, etc) whci the program may not accept. This problem exists for other video programs as well.

I don't understand what Photo Edit is supposed to do

 

On 9/1/2021 at 2:45 PM, lesdubb@gmail.com said:

Sample of my latest using NXT4, easiest way to describe what I do https://youtu.be/c6BAV07R-Fg

Videowave is definitely a problem. It crashes all the time even upon starting it (2-3 times before it starts). Plus it can crash adding text, photo or anything. No error messages ... just simply disappears and have to restart again. I learned to save my project frequently to avoid losing my updates. The puzzling part is that the software does not show any error messages. I created a ticket with support and waiting to hear from them. Roxio 7 had the same issue and I thought they fixed this problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tahfo01 said:

 

Videowave is definitely a problem. It crashes all the time even upon starting it (2-3 times before it starts). Plus it can crash adding text, photo or anything. No error messages ... just simply disappears and have to restart again. I learned to save my project frequently to avoid losing my updates. The puzzling part is that the software does not show any error messages. I created a ticket with support and waiting to hear from them. Roxio 7 had the same issue and I thought they fixed this problem. 

Videowave is not "definitely" the problem. You hijack another users thread and then do not even give any information about your project, your system.

I suggest there is something wrong/corrupt in your system. I have no crashes with NXt 7 or NXT 8 when adding text, photos videos, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×