Mounting CD disk images

david gideon

Hey David,

I agree it has been pretty hit or miss for years now. I just got the new Pro version of 20 and haven't had a chance to try that out yet, but I'll check back as soon as I do. 

You mention the guide for Toast 20. I haven't been able to get that. The links don't work for me. Any suggestions? I need it for 20 Pro. 

Pat

Thank you so much David. I don't know why the other links don't work for me. I just chatted with "help" and they said the guide would be available in the next few days. Very odd that you have it now. I do however need the Pro guide, but I'll look at this and see how detailed it might be. In the past their guides were pretty sparse.

Thanks again.

Pat

• 1 month later...

I can now answer my own question. I took advantage of a sale price and bought Toast 20 online. After installing it (this time no errors that some component wouldn't load like I got when I tried to run T17 on my M1 mini) I found that it recognized sd2 files and would add them to a CD, then would save that CD as a Disk Image file .sd2f. However, when I went to Mount Disk Image and selected the image file I just made, it let me select the file, but on hitting the button to mount it, the dialog box disappeared but nothing mounted. Toast just ignored it. So it's confirmed: Toast 20 makes CD disc images that it can't mount. Brilliant.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Using an app called GO64 which reports on whether programs work in 64-bit I tried it on Toast 17 which supposedly was 64-bit ready. It's not. There are two components in it that are 32-bit:

/Contents/MacOS/ToastImageMounter and /Contents/Resources/Add to iPhoto.app.

I checked out Toast 20 and it only reported Add to iPhoto component as 32-bit (WHY is it even in there anyhow? iPhoto?!?) So Toast 17 runs fine in 64-bit but it won't mount CD images. Toast 20 won't mount CD images and I suspect that's because they removed the ToastImageMounter component altogether rather than update it to 64-bit. (How hard could it be to update it?)