• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
david gideon

Mounting CD disk images

The guide for Toast 20 has a section describing how this is done. But this capability has been broken or inconsistent in recent versions. Does anyone know if it finally works again in Toast 20?

Hey David,

I agree it has been pretty hit or miss for years now. I just got the new Pro version of 20 and haven't had a chance to try that out yet, but I'll check back as soon as I do. 

You mention the guide for Toast 20. I haven't been able to get that. The links don't work for me. Any suggestions? I need it for 20 Pro. 

Pat

Thank you so much David. I don't know why the other links don't work for me. I just chatted with "help" and they said the guide would be available in the next few days. Very odd that you have it now. I do however need the Pro guide, but I'll look at this and see how detailed it might be. In the past their guides were pretty sparse.

Thanks again.

Pat

I can now answer my own question. I took advantage of a sale price and bought Toast 20 online. After installing it (this time no errors that some component wouldn't load like I got when I tried to run T17 on my M1 mini) I found that it recognized sd2 files and would add them to a CD, then would save that CD as a Disk Image file .sd2f. However, when I went to Mount Disk Image and selected the image file I just made, it let me select the file, but on hitting the button to mount it, the dialog box disappeared but nothing mounted. Toast just ignored it. So it's confirmed: Toast 20 makes CD disc images that it can't mount. Brilliant.