bohalloran

Problems registering Toast 20 pro

I bought Toast 20 pro, installed it and ran it. All seems fine. I am using Majave 14.10.6 on a mid 2012 MBP. I signed into my toast account to register the s/w. Was not able to do that. Contacted Tech support. Here is what I found out. so this is an FYI for those who have yet to do this.

Tony de Guzman (Corel) 

Oct 1, 2021, 13:55 EDT 

Mr. O'halloran,

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support Services. My name is Tony, Level 2 Technical Support team, and I have been assigned to your ticket.

We apologize for the inconvenience. I understand that you are unable to register your Toast 20 product key (aka serial number).

This is an on-going issue, and it has already been reported to our eCommerce department. They are looking into it, but we have no information at this time when the problem will be fixed.

What is actually happening here is that your Toast 20 product key/serial number is actually being registered in our database. However, it shows up on our system as "Roxio Creator Platinum NXT 7.1" instead of what it should be, which is "Roxio Toast 20 Pro" or "Roxio Toast 20 Titanium". You can check this by signing in to your Roxio account, and then once signed in, you should see an item named "Roxio Creator Platinum NXT 7.1" --in some cases, it will show up as "Roxio Creator Platinum NXT 8". I cannot tell you, however, what is causing this; the concerned team is still investigating what the root cause is. At any rate, your product key is indeed already registered in our system, albeit under a different product name. This will be fixed soon.

I hope this helped.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions. 

Regards, 
Tony
Corel Customer Support Services