• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows 11 compatibility

Apparently, the latest version is not fully compatible with Windows 11. This is a fellow user heads up for those debating buying or upgrading to Windows 11; you may want to wait for an update to come out.

Since I already have windows 11 on my computer, I'll be patient for the update. I don't want other people to have to wait with me. 😊 image.png.df81a0c5a33e80fbe1c2fdb8c97c6e86.png

I'm not sure that can be stated as a blanket issue. I run Windows 11 and just fired up Creator NXT pro 8 with no problem.

I hadn't used it since before upgrading.In fact I haven't used it in a while.The first time I opened it I got a notification about SP4.I downloaded and installed that and then restarted and the program opened up again with no issues.

This may be an issue that affects you and some others but not all.

Make sure you have SP4 installed and Windows update run to get all of the Windows 11 post install updates (I got a few). Other than that I don't know. There's obviously something on your computer setup that Creator doesn't like.

Screenshot 2021-10-07 060140.png

• Thanks 1

Nice rig.

As I said I don't know what could be causing the problem for you. Something is triggering that message but what it is I don't know.

All of us on here are just fellow users like yourself that volunteer to try and help others.

You might try and contact support where you'll get an actual Roxio employee.

Sorry

15 hours ago, tbrewst said:

Nice rig.
As I said I don't know what could be causing the problem for you. Something is triggering that message but what it is I don't know.
All of us on here are just fellow users like yourself that volunteer to try and help others.
You might try and contact support where you'll get an actual Roxio employee.
Sorry

I have already reached out to support. Still waiting for a response. I initiated the post here to give people a heads up, and provide positive feedback that they are not alone waiting for a fix.

I do appreciate your feedback though. It helps to see that the boards are active with participation. 

😊

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the exact same message on a Surface Laptop 4 upgraded to Windows 11. And I also have a new Surface Pro 8 but I haven't tried installing on that device yet. I'm with you, it has to be a known issue. But I also suspect that Windows 11 coupled with Surface devices might be an issue as well. Glad I am not the only one.

• 1 year later...

I have a brand new Dell Vostro 7620 which is replacing an old laptop which failed. I attempted to Install Roxio 10 and it bricked the unit. I had to reset. I was on the phone with Dell support for several hours as they led me through what they thought was hardware failure. It would not boot past the DELL logo on the very first screen. Now other wording. No spinning dots. I thought it had been a loose memory card because everything booted up after the reset, but as soon as I again tried to install Roxio 10, it would not reboot. Maybe it is the solid state disk, but I'm not going to attempt to install Roxio again until someone says the problems are resolved. I will also purchase the latest edition.

MWMassa,

If the "Roxio 10" you refer to is actually Easy Media Creator 10 from 2007, I'm pretty sure it won't run under Windows 11.

If you mean Creator 2010 from 2009, I don't think you'll have much luck with that software either.

The latest version at the moment is Creator NXT 9.  The KnowledgeBase says that's compatible with Windows 11, but I can't confirm from personal experience because the Gurus were never given a copy of NXT 9.   :(

Brendon